1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Horn Switch Pad Issue - Resolved - Now Resurfaced

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Viny, Nov 19, 2012.

1. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    I checked my horn pad on the way back from the Service Center this evening. Sure enough, the left spoke did not work. I usually use only the right and bottom ones as the left hand is busy switching gears. Figured some "induced oxidation scraping" might work. So pushed down the left spoke and massaged the pad where I assumed the contacts were. After 3-4 attempts, it started working! Now all three spokes work as they should.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Well Done, Fiat :up

Finally, the resolution to the issue has been reached (course of action identified). It's indeed a good gesture from Fiat to provide it under FOC.

That's typical Fiat way - first it gives pain, then frustration and then suddenly windfall:D. All is well that ends well and Fiat usually, in such cases, ensures that it ends well.
    3 people like this.
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Am repeatedly telling that when it comes to honoring EW fiat is one of the best.I have seen how Hyundai shoo away warranty /EW claims.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Any update on this? Or still driving without horn?
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Massage surely helps in enhanced energy circulation :)

Abdul
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Update:

Finally i got the issue fixed. Instead of entire unit which costed 20K + the bottom triangular plastic plate which had the circuit was sent across. Same was quickly replaced by the mechanic and horns came to full glory :) Similarly the issue with boot lock was resolved co-cordially.

Thanks FIAT for ensuring customer satisfaction at highest level possible.

P.S> Part no for same was not available hence I cannot share the details of same.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
    9 people like this.
  7. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Nice to know that horns are back to normal FOC.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good that your issues are resolved to your satisfaction. But, the way it was resolved is where Fiat fails and people are worried and hesitant to buy a Fiat.
    1 person likes this.
  9. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    I checked ePer, can't find the triangular plastic plate mentioned by Viny. Looks like they did some kind of jugaad to fix it. Wonder how they will address it for other customers who might face the same problem.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Ya to me also it look like some jugad, as the part has no specific packing, also the additional nuts and bots where kept in place using a duct tape. They might work upon it and get the parts separately from Italy later on.