1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Horn Switch Pad Issue - Resolved - Now Resurfaced

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Viny, Nov 19, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I missed this point from your thread(warranty period over)
    This indeed a encouraging news. A big :up: to fiat
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    All is well that ends well. Glad to hear that FIAT is now playing God - "Bhagwan ke ghar mein der hai par andher nahi!!!" :evil:

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  3. May be it is time to update the title of the thread reflecting the happy ending.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Indeed, a proper communication system would have made this very simple. I have time and over said, there should be a Centeralized Service System, where Company, Dealer/Service Center, Consumer are in same loop. Everytime a consumer registers a problem either via service center, via telephone or via internet. It should be logged into the system acessible to all 3 parties involved. Where consumer can raise queries, give feedback, or give details of problems, service center can give details about what fixes where done, how the resolution was done, what temporary arrangements where done, with special comments etc. Similarly the company team can should go through the service records marked as crtical, blocker, etc etc (as in bug management system) and give there feedbacks, ensure timely delivery of parts and services and quick discussion. Thus this would act as a centeralized system, keeping everyone update and keeping every information available to all parties. Needfull issues can be directly directed to respective department. And if someone responsible doesnt reply to it then the culprit can be traced and fixed.

Furthermore i would also say that company should come up with all comprehensive annual maintenance packages including services and spares, as we see the cars out of warranty facing issues due to product quality or negligence of service team or due to some other reasons. In order to build trust in the company a comprehensive maintenance package will give peace to mind of consumers. And car will be better maintained leading to less chances of further failures. A win win situation for both company and customer.

I would like to hold the celeberation before everything gets done. I have gone through nightmares due to faulty parts, wrong components, wrong labels etc etc. So unless it gets installed and works as expected, i am keeping fingers cross :D
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Easier said than done Viny.
    The thing is in most of the cases, once the issue is escalated, the discussions, till the resolution is found, is confidential. Till they reach to some decision, what information they can provide.
    Just for ex - your case, once you escalated, they did inform you they are looking into it. Now after that I am sure they must have discussed the issue with others and dealers, and once reach to decision that they are providing it for free, they informed you.

I can understand how it is tough for you to have this issue and drive without Horn, but if you see logically, Fiat responded quickly and with great favour.

This is very important, lets us wait.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    There is no harm in mentioning the maximum time required to resolve the issue. Let them say it will take one month, and may be they will resolve in less than a week. Customers become unhappy or impatient when there is lack any information or when they feel that there is no progress.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Really very difficult for a manufacturer to provide estimated time in my opinion. If they tell that they are going to take 1 month, many would shout to death on online forums cursing the manufacturer. That is not a good idea fiatlover.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Well internal communications can be hidden to consumer, but consumer oriented details can be seen. This will provide a complete medical history and resolution to anyone in company handling the case, and one would not be required to reiterate the story and provide proofs from various ends. Also this will ensure the culprit and malpractices are stopped.

Justifiable deadlines are expected in any product related services. Thousands of company's be it from IT, Manufacturing or Services set deadlines and accomplish tasks.

There is no harm in keeping consumer in loop and in confidence with prompt updates and timelines, we all are human and understand reasonable bottlenecks.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    100% agree.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Agreed, but are not people cursing for no communication at all? I said one month just as an example, there can be an "expected time of completion" for each task depending on complexity. Sometimes it may be just a matter of decision making.

Quoting my email communication with FIAT when my punto's CMC failed.