1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Horn Switch Pad Issue - Resolved - Now Resurfaced

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Viny, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Vahan: No words in regard to that, I dont have any clear understanding on that. If they would ask me pay money for parts replacement which failed due to poor quality and design. I will better put the Auto Ricshaw blow horn with a placard speaking about horn issue.

My car is also under extended warranty, not sure if the TASS will able to get it cleared under extended warranty scenario, and they are not happy to take that route too, as even though if extended warranty guys clears it, they dont pay dealers for very long period. So kind of a scenario where even dealer doesnt want to pursue.

In totality it SUCKS...and Horn doesnt BLOW
  2. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    This is clearly a design flaw. Copper will oxidize, basic chemistry, can't change that unless you remove the stuff it reacts with (Oxygen) or use an alloy with comparable conductivity! Surprising they chose to design it this way :eek: This is bound to happen on any car that spends its life in humid environments on this planet that has exposed copper.

Here's a colour chart for reference-
    copper-weathering-chart-425x425.gif
    1 person likes this.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

If i go as per this color chart then we are in between 15-20yrs i guess, given the amount of rust i have seen on one specific wire.

Update Day 10

No email, no words, day went without event, even i didnt called up. Will wait for a day or two before banging all heads again.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    @Viny: Yesterday I have do a search on internet for the similar kind of problems. Many sites I could find people cursing about the design of the design exactly the same way that you are facing but I couldn't find an alternate design that will not give rise this problem. Is it that this is the only way possible in airbag fitted car. The only way things could have been better is using copper wires with corrosion resistant coating. But the company will think that way if they see a massive failure. What is your opinion on this.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

Update Day 11

I was pondering on updating the thread by saying "No updates for day". But then came the call from Regional Head, saying that company will replace that part and it would come to local service center by next week :)

Thankfully my past service records and emails shared in past for same issue helped :)
    I am happy about company acknowledging issue and making replacement FOC. I dont think any other company would extend such a warm gesture of support after warranty period, given that we see many horror stories of cars under warranty itself ...

Three cheers for FIAT
    Hip Hip Hurray...Hip Hip Hurray ...Hip Hip Hurray :)

I am also very thankfull to the Regional Head, who took deep dive to understand the scenario and how to get this resolved. I wish there where many more heads like him at dealer level too :) I like people who take responsibility and deliver in promised time.
    11 people like this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats a great news. Yes it took time, and they should have kept you in loop, but as I understand they must have discussed internally (confidential) before disclosing to you.

I just hope Fiat takes this issue, not as one of case, and look for durable solution.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is great news my friend! Happy to know that your hardwork and frustration paid off. Thanks to FIAT for its gesture. Recently I was reading a Figo owner's thread where in he has faced issues with almost all major parts in his car and how Ford is hell bent in their attitude. This is the difference between FIAT and other manufacturers. I agree that there are issue but FIAT reaches out to its customers like none other will do.
  8. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Great great great!!!! All that we need to is ask FIAT rather than crib :)

happy to be a part of family
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Great to hear that!
    While I appreciate FIAT taking ownership of the issue and agreeing to resolve it, proper and timelycommunication would have turned this thread into a single post thread or no such thread at all!
    My friend who owns a wagon r had to replace the clutch plate 3 times in 5 months spending 5k each time from his own pocket! They told him it's a known issue, so, no solution.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  10. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

BOSS!!!,
    This is just another example of how serious is Fiat leadership in India. I was very sure that an proper esclation can bring the solution for you... so where the party? People always talk about good ASS of Maruti, Hyundai, Honda etc ... but think how they react after routine service?