1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Headlight lens darkening

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by bnzjon, Jun 30, 2010.

1. amolmane

amolmane Guest

I heard that this could be due to upgradation of Headlamp bulb from 60/55 Watt to 100/90 Watt.

100/90 Watt bulb crerates more heat. I had owned Uno. My uno was also this problem for many times.
    I had maruti Alto also. I used it 100/90 Watts with 4 years. But its Reflector & glasses were intact as it is Showrrom Car upto 1 Lakh KM

Now my opinion is that , Fiat is unable to give quality in Headlamp Reflector section
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Amol its true to some extent... Not completely true..
    Well dont blame Fiat this is normal in all cars.. My friend has an INNOVA with 9000k Philips HID installed and his headlights have darkened compared to my dad's Innova which has stock headlights..

Forget that, i own a punto with 9000k HID installed and i find a slight dark tinge on the headlight cluster which is fine with me.. I like it that way but dont forget the quality is good otherwise the clusters woudl start melting rather than darkening..

This is normal with HID kits installed and please dont blame Fiat for this.... Its an individuals choice to install these accs or not in their car..

Also for the Linea's which had these issues, i guess none had modified their headlight bulbs.. It was just a atch of headlamps which were darkening and Fiat is ready to replace them FOC...
  3. burak8480

How about instead of a skull :) linea1.jpg
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

^^^ LOL this is completely scary