1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Headlight lens darkening

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by bnzjon, Jun 30, 2010.

1. geeash

geeash

Chennai
    This is the picture of my headlight . you can see the inner high beam glittering and in pure chrome where as the outer low beam housing is darkening.

03072010773.jpg
  2. gautam84

gautam84

New Delhi
    hey guys..
    followed up with TASS after sending a good mail to top guns..
    complete checkup being done in my car and headlamps are being replaced.. will update what all things were done once i get the car back..below are some images..

Headlamps darkening 1.JPG

Headlamps being changed.JPG

Price.jpg
  3. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    I observed the same thing in atleast 3-4 Lineas, and one in our Forum Member "Fastlove" Linea.

He didnt notice it, i made him aware on the way to the Venue for the Meet on 25th July, the darkening has happened on the Left Headlamp and it is Similar pattern that is depicted in the Pics of the Headlamp which has been posted by Geeash.
  4. aer_vip

aer_vip

Bangalore
    I own a 2010 March MJD E+. I have done about 10k and 35-40% of the drive is during night. I haven't noticed any blackish color on the headlamps. I feel the stock bulbs aren't good enough for highway drives esp when it rains. I'm planning to change my stock bulbs but now this thread scares me. Is this a problem with older Linea's? Please advice if i could change over. Am planning to get Philips crystal/sliver vision fixed.
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks sanjeev for already mentioning it here. I have exactly the same discoloration ad in the picture posted by geeash. I showed it today to TASS before my appointment next Monday. The typical TASS reply was ..."chalta hai" . Anybody which got it successfully replaced? ?
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    They cannot deprive you from a replacement.. Fight for it man u'd surely win the battle against the TSS...
  7. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    I showed it today in broad daylight to the Fortune Service GM and he is agreed to replace them. He has the spares but i will be fitting them only on monday when i have my appointment and also get the Clutch (HArd) Checked .
  8. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Andy, agree with you. There is a need to pull the strings hard, when dealing with the TATA A.S.S.

Fastlove, Congrats buddy for getting the dealership ready to replace the darkened headlights :), for the Clutch Hardening did they suggest the CSC replacement ?
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Clutch Hardening is something that I too have noticed in my car when I took a TD of the 90HP. But clutch gets harder for diesel cars right?. I have noticed this in 2 Innovas used by my uncle which covered 1lakh each. It was so soft when I took the delivery but by 40-50k km clutch was harder. I have not seen this phenomenon in petrol cars which has completed 1lakhs.
  10. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Thats good news... I was sure they would replace it as this is normal at a TSS... :mrgreen: