1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Headlight lens darkening

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by bnzjon, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    bnzjon did u check with the TSS for a replacement headlamps??
  2. TASS guys refused to change it under warranty. I had to speak to IAT with pictures of my headlamps to get a free replacement.
    I am yet to change them. Will go tommorrow for the change as the headlights were made available only today.
  3. Got the headlight assembly changed under warranty/FOC. Now i have crystal clear headlamps :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :wow :dancing

Congratulations !!

Only wish the "Had to speak to FIAT" part could be avoided !!

But this is good : in case someone else has this problem : this thread will be a good reference.

Thanks bnzjon for keeping us updated :)
  5. gautam84

gautam84

New Delhi
    had get the headlamps checked at TASS.. there are small covers for an opening behind the headlights..
    they were missing in my linea..dont now if they fell off or were not there from day 1..
    they said that dust and moisture go in from there.. lazy ABS gurgaon guys din even cared to put those covers back..
    have go get those lights replaced.. lets c what happens..
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Saw 2 Linea's yday on road which had these darkened Headlight/ lens. It was visible clearly.

Good to see that your issues are sorted out Binze. And yeah, till now have not heard Fiat refusing any warranty claims. In fact, its also seen replacing parts FoC which are usually not covered under warranty. Only thing is "Had to involve Fiat" part.
  7. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    I saw a Invoa today this morning which as per the registration (a tourist cab) is not even an year old, the headlights as per the following picture are so black on the side. Is this comman to all cars. I felt that Toyota set very high standards regarding qulaity of their cars, but looking at the picture !!! :confused

[attachment=0:3gpajluq]Inova.JPG[/attachment:3gpajluq]

Inova.JPG
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    On the above note, try to check Toyota Innova's tail lights now in monsoon. I see quite a few daily in my loooong city drive from home-office-home & 50% of them have tail lights filled with water till half the level. Try it next time you're behind an Innova.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I have observed this darkened part of headlamps in many Toyota Innova vehicles. I thought, it was a design feature. :shocked
  10. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    I just checked with my friends car a new Inova. The design feature on the side of the headlights is in a Checked pattern, but the Invoa in picture the headlight side seams to have blackned or the checked pattern changed. Not sure.