1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Headlight lens darkening

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by bnzjon, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Did you try sending a mail to fiat-india??
    You can get the e-mail id's from the contacts section.

Just drop a mail, see if it makes an effect... no loss there..
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    VP didnt check the Logo though.. But felt the plate rusting plz check...

as Ashay stated plz mark a mail to the fiat guys.. Naveen did it for his boot light... Bharti guys took him for a ride but hen he mailed Fiat he got the parts also with the status of the shipment of parts quickly and got the job done on priority basis....
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Checked today. As I mentioned earlier, the plate is not metal but sandwitch-type made with different material. Its not rusting. Some bikers have scratched so there is a small mark of the upper layer peeling off
    :mrgreen: I asked as wanted to know if thin white patch of Araldite used to fill the surrounding edges of the logo - is it visible or not? :mrgreen:
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    oh okie.. would chck your Logo the nxt time we meet and would let u know
  5. Darkened headlight lenses attached for your viewing.

See from left to right. The 1/3rd of left side portion is darkened which i have circled.

DSC00897.JPG

DSC00894.JPG
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I think this is for sure quality problem of batches. I have seen this blackening in many Hyundai i10s and many other cars too but six months it too early. It spoils the look of the car. Not only the reflector, even the clear lens is affected. It could be because of water seeping in and the heat mixing with the moisture.If it is so, then it still is not our problem. It is a manufacturing defect. Take it up with Fiat. Only then they will wake up to this quality problem originating from the vendor
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The headlamp assembly is imported from Turkey. I saw stickers stating 'Made by Al Mako, Turkiye' in my Fiat Linea.
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Thats quite dark, Binze. As compared to this , Headlight in my Linea is crystal clear
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    To be honest i liked such dark tinge on the headlights.. Reminds me of the moist black types of headlights for which am waiting for.. hehe.. if ne one facing this issue with their punto plz lemme know am ready to exchange them with mine as i liked it..:) :-D :dancing
  10. Andy, who doesnt like smoked sporty headlamps. I am a big fan of such headlamps.
    The issue here are the black patches which looks like dirt all over.