1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Headlight lens darkening

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by bnzjon, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Photos are a big challenge as the light blackish tint on the transparent clear glass are not captured.

Today i got the approval from FIAT to change the headlights FOC.
    But the irony is that Concorde doesnt have headlights in stock !. I need to wait for atleast 10 days to get it.

They have 3 nos which they claim are damaged in transit. Everytime i hear this reason from the TASC.
    I am not sure if the inefficiency of handling spares/parts is on the part of FIAT or TASS !!
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Checked my Linea. Could not see any blackish or yellowish tint on any of the headlights :) . Though I think if its parked just besides another new Linea then an accurate comparison can be made.
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    VP i didnt see any discoloration on your Linea when i checked your car the other day... Its neat:) Yea one thing i noticed which i thought of informing u :eek:fftopic i felt that your rare number plates were rusting.. Please check them..
  4. Geeash (Dr Ashwin) was with me today and his headlamps too had the blackish tint. He had taken a picture of the headlight.

Am requesting Ashwin to post the same here.
  5. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Has he got hold of front bumper & headlights at any of the dealers ?
  6. Off topic discussion :

Unfortunately none of the dealers have the bumper and the headlights in stock.
    Concorde had 3 headlights but all damaged while in transit from Fiat Pune.

He has to wait for atleast 7 days to get it from Pune :hit

Its sad that basic stuffs like these are not available off the shelf.
  7. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    I'll have to check the rear number plate. It should not be rusting as its not 100% metal, some sort of sandwitch.

BTW, did you happen to look at rear logo on my Linea? :wink:
  8. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

I suggest you drop in a mail to FIAT-india, Do mention the service advisor's name, along with who all told you that all the 3 head lamps broke in transit.
    And do mention the agony you are facing with the TASC :thumbs down and your headlamps!!

I feel that TASC needs a bashing from Pune!! :punch
    They cant just do/say what they want just coz they are sitting all the way in the south, away from pune...

I find it hard to believe all 3 lamps broke in transit from pune. :hit

Last time when my AC compressor relay died, the TASC told me its not in stock & and I'll have to wait for 3-4 days for the part... as it comes from pune.
    Instantly I called a known advisor there who was not assigned for my punto for that day and told him what I was told.
    The same evening I got a call saying my car was ready!! :cool :cool

Somehow, the TASC got hold of the part from another service centre for my car. and finished the job the same day.

So in other words, everything (almost) is possible to get done provided you pull the right strings.. :boxer
    Headlamps, bumpers are one of the parts that are sold faster off the shelf as they are the parts that are mostly damaged for a car owner, so service centres stock on them more...
  9. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    This happened twice with me. First the Cowl (that plastic thingy attaching windshield & bonnet) & then with door beadings. Both times parts were not in stock, they took some time to order. Within that time, they still did not have the parts, my fuse went off & they have managed to get hold of those parts both the times from other dealerships.

Ashwin called yday & we discussed most of the other things you mentioned. I've asked him to call & check with other dealers himself rather than Concorde checking it. He asked me to just check if Mumbai dealers are having these parts. If so, then its Chennai-specific issue. It was very hectic at work today & could not do it.
  10. Me and Ashwin were at Concorde today from 11 am till 1.30 pm.
    We checked all the TASS & TASC in chennai but none have it.

I had called up Bangalore Concorde yesterday for my Headlights but they too said the same thing. No stocks available and they place the order only after the customer requests/requirement based.

I find the fault is with FIAT on despatch of spares as well as no credit allowed for spares. Its always against cash.

I find the spares despatched from Fiat are either in the wrong packing resulting in breakage (or) wrong part send to the dealers. I have personally experienced this while changing my AC vents, AC evaporator hose, side valance and many more in the last couple of months including the headlights i have ordered now.

I can quote one such example where i had ordered a replacement for my Linea Emotion's AC vent. Every time (thrice) FIAT despatched the AC vents pertaining to Active variant but the label on the packing mentioned the part no and title of emotion variant.