1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Headlight lens darkening

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by bnzjon, Jun 30, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Could it be due to rain water seeping into the headlamp assembly? I haven't noticed it in my Fiat Linea. Touchwood.
  2. Geeash (Dr Ashwin) too confirmed this morning that his headlight lens too have dark shades !

Crazy_Eddy(team-bhp) had this issue and have changed his headlights. I have PM'd him for more info on this.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Sorry. Forgot to check it yday on my Linea. Shall do it today.

BTW, where is Dr. Ashwin?
  4. Looks like Dr is busy these days :car
  5. gautam84

gautam84

New Delhi
    As coolboy said, it is my linea who's headlamps have faded.. seein sideways you ill easily notice that the crystal clear headlights r no more there.. they have started turnin light blackish or kinda yellow blackish.. this cannot be due to aging factor..this factor does not apply to an year old car..ridiculous
    I think it has darken due to heat produced by bulbs.. but this is v bad that new cars facing this problem.. shows d kind of quality fiat has used..
    will be takin up this issue with TASS else will mail FIAT..
  6. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

If the reflector looks wrong (without you damaging it physically, or installing anything against the manufacturer) in anyway it should be "rectified" under warranty.
    I suggest you take up the issue with the manager of that TASC directly.

It should be addressed under warranty.

But do post a pic here. Shoot a "macro" pic. that should bring out the spots..
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Yes :mrgreen:

When he registered a few days back, he called & was gung-ho on the forum & very excited.
  8. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Checked My Linea Head Lights yesterday, they are very clear. Can the Photos be uploaded so as I can be sure in which place the dark shades appear.
  9. ysapre

ysapre

Mumbai
    Mine has started showing the yellow tinge though not very much visible in the silo look after 15 months and as rightly said by coolboy i didnt realize that until i saw with the other 4 LINEA's [2010 mfg] that were parked in my office parking today after reading this thread.
  10. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ideally u may see this on a headlight cluster installed with HID's especially the 9000k + ones.. But even mine doesnt have such discoloration yet:) vierd to hear that.. Get it replaced at a TASS...