1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea - FIRE or ICE (MJD)?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by donzil_pinto, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    FIAT LOCKS YAAR.. No two ways for it... No other car in its class can give you what a Punto/Linea offeres you here..
  2. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    I just love the FIRE. The tone of the engine is just superb!

But I might think twice before going for the T-Jet as I heard from a technical person of Fiat that T-Jet core engine components are going to be different from normal FIRE engine!

The turbo maintenance costs and spares for future might be difficult for T-Jet.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I till believe that it's better to go for Linea MJD with 93PS rather than T-Jet because diesel does not pinch the pocket everyday.
    Same safety features and gadgets. Yes, T-Jet will have some more goodies and some mouth watering ones too.
  4. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Friends, wanted some information on behalf of my colleagues. They are contemplating on buying the Linea MJD / T-Jet.

They are confused, whether to go for a Diesel Variant or Petrol. Their monthly running will be around 1100 to 1200 Kms. One thing i wanted to know is the Cost of ownership, i have few questions on the same, mentioned below:

1. Is there any difference in the Spare Costs of Petrol & Diesel ?
    2. If the Diesel Spares / running items are costly, does that negate the FE savings / Km benefit ?
    3. In the long run which would be more costlier of the two ?
    4. I hope the resale value of the Diesel is more than the Petrol. AFAIK, the European Petrols depreciate faster compared to others, am i right ?

Kindly provide your valuable comments.