1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift - FIAT Media Event & Pricing Release

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

New Linea Launch Event at Manickbag Fiat,Hubli Dealer & New Linea MJD Test Drive

My dad got invitation from SE of Hubli dealer on 3 rd march & we both went to launch event on 4th.Launch event was at 2.30 pm but we reached there at 4.00 pm,launch was done,felt sad for being late & couldnt see live launch of new Linea but anyways was happy to see her in flesh & in first glance i was bold over by here new looks.On entrance balloons were all over & New Linea was a star in showroom with lots of people coming to check her,there was a big tv & music played but that was over.We both were welcomed by the staff of Dealer,felt really nice by their gesture.Mr.Kumarswamy,SE welcomed me & introduced me to Manager of showroom & they even introduced me to the owner of showroom Mr.Manickbag,dont know his name,he was glad to see me & said you are quite active on fiat india fb page.I said to him atlast T-Jet is back to showroom & he said yes its back but petrol cars dont have more demand here.I said sir demand is changing now & customers are shifting more towards petrol cars than diesels.Then they provided me & my dad sweet & drink to have.I met Venkatesh bhai whom i met on fb many months back & he's also a fiat fan from Hubli & owns a Linea.Checked new Linea T-jet which was on display & there was also a Linea Classic on display,so there was a Classic Linea & a Modern looking New Linea for display.I loved New Linea's exteriors & interiors,its a welcome change for Linea in India for Fiat.TD car was only MJD not T-jet so was little bit sad coz i wanted to have a TD of T-Jet but anyways dealer promised he will contact when they T-Jet Demo car.
    While leaving they gave TD of new Linea MJD but dad refused its fine we dont need TD of Linea but then too they gave,i took the keys,opened the doors & amazed by the door sound,thud sound is very improved now,feels like sitting in a luxury car,cranked the engine & amazed to see that noise level is way too less in New Linea MJD compared to my dad's 2011 Punto.Was driving Linea for 2nd time & was excited,after 2 k rpm there was a sudden kick but not so sudden kick like how i felt in Dr.Shivraj's Linea which had clocked 26 k kms when i drove her.This demo car of dealer was in run in period so couldnt feel the sudden turbo boost of VGT but liked th light clutch,gearbox & very light steering which is good for city use.Gears were very smooth.Fiat now has provided good storage space & useful cup holders in New Linea & loved LED turn indicators on ORVM's.Didnt got chance to see Ambient lighting as it as day.I couldnt feel the potholes filtering inside the cabin whereas i feel the potholes coming in my Punto's cabin,after me my dad drove her he was impressed with how Fiat has improved this Beautiful car more now.Aft‚Äčer the TD had a nice long chat with the staff of dealer about Fiat brand & what we are doing & they said they are doing events at some cities in karnataka & they had said they would be coming to my city on 7th & 8th & today they came & did a marketing event for New Linea & Punto & they got good response for New Linea whereas Punto got less response,Fiat needs to bring New Punto soon & tomo they are coming again to do marketing event.Today again drove Linea & checked JBL music system,now sound quality is good of music system,speakers quality was also good & better than my Punto's speakers quality & are they 4 or 6 speakers?Felt happy when leaving showroom when we got such a nice gesture from dealer's staff.That made my day.Posting some pics,excuse for pic quality as i took it from my mobile.Mods you can delete this thread or move it to appropriate section & Linea is reviewed by some members but this is just my small test drive experience & review.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    10 people like this.
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Moments ago, my dad got a call Doon Fiat, inviting us to the launch of new Linea on 12th March, 4:30 pm onwards.

Sadly, my dad will be busy with work and I have my Hindi exam on 13th, so will have to miss it. :(

Am happy that Fiat is considering old customers. Which other manufacturer does that?
  3. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    got a invitation message from torque fiat gurgaon.
  4. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

With the launch of New Linea over...all those who had seen the New Linea physically which colour looks attractive with new design?
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Almost all dealer's had got New Magnesio Grey for launch event in showrooms but New Sunbeam Beige was unveiled by Mr.Nagesh in Mumbai & very few dealer's had got New Pearl White for launch event.New Pearl White & New Sunbeam Beige look attractive on New Linea though still havent seen other 3 colours personally or in pics on New Linea.
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    The call that my father got from Doon Fiat stated that the launch is on 12th, but it tuned out that the launch was today. Fortunately, with the next exam exactly a week later, I was able to attend the launch. My father couldn't make it though, so rode to Doon Fiat on my Wego.

Reached there a few minutes before 5 pm. The showroom was nicely decorated.

No other TFIian had arrived yet, so instead of going inside the showroom, I went to the service area hoping to see other new Lineas. There were two of them, one T-Jet and one Multijet. The one inside the showroom was a T-Jet. All the cars were Magnesio Grey. Clicked a few pictures of the T-Jet.

This was the first time I got a glimpse of the Linea in person. First impressions: Not bad. The front is good, but the rear with that thick chrome strip in my opinion is a bit overdone. Tried to open the door to check out the interiors, but the car was locked.

Then I went back to the showroom. It is located in the building of a cinema hall. The guard on the door told me that the entrance to the cinema hall is from behind. I was like :mad:. Told him sternly that I am here for the launch of the new Linea. Perhaps he did not expect a seventeen year old to be a part of the function. The Linea was thinly veiled with a red cover.

Varun and Gaurav arrived around 5:30 pm, later joined by Aditya and Tushar. We chatted outside for some time and then headed inside when Mr. Sanjay, the sales manager, started the presentation. There were about 30 people present. He explained all the features in detail. Was impressed by the homework he had done. He then called Aditya and Tushar to speak a few words.

Aditya addressing the audience

Tushar: "The T-Jet is the best petrol car in its segment"

The Linea was unveiled by Mr. Dinesh Aggarwal, a minister of the Uttarakhand government.

We then checked out the car. I was really impressed by its interiors. Especially the dash. The quality of plastics has been greatly improved. Did not click any more pics as my tablet couldn't focus in low light.

Also learned that Doon Fiat has already received three bookings for the new Linea. Hoping to see many new Lineas rocking the streets of Dehradun!

Doon Fiat then served snacks and then after a brief chat, we all headed home around 7:00 pm.

Really enjoyed the spending the evening with fellow Fiatians. Thanks to Doon Fiat for inviting us all. As I have said before, by inviting current owners, Fiat has shown again that it respects the enthusiasts.

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    3 people like this.
  7. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

Yesterday the New Linea was UNVEILED at Vadodara. I had received an Invitation for the same.

In Wraps

Being unveiled by Mr. Manjeet Chawla - MD Bhaskara Fiat

- - - Merged Post - - -

Representative from Fiat-Mr.Sachin Kadia giving a speech and explaining about the new launches of the year.
    He looks after the Eastern and Western Parts of the country and sits at Ahmedabad.

Also Bhaskara delivered the New Linea to its first customer in Vadodara yesterday. I have also booked a slot on Sunday for a TD.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    3 people like this.