1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Krishna, heartily thanks. What a detailed review of the car and attentions to detail. Just Fab. :thumbup:
  2. Amazing review!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

This sort of fit/finish is found in every kind of budget vehicle, what else do you expect in a 7 lac INR car? I can make 1000s such arrows in any of the Toyota/Honda. Don't pretend to be some Jeremy Clarkson or Chris Harris sort of expert that we watch over You-tube/Google, we Indians are yet to know about a thing or two on fit and finish. You have no update on Fit/Finish of FIAT group vehicles at all nor the point of a FIAT.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I second Enki here, the fit and finish in new Linea is far better than earlier makes. Quality wise they are way improved though not the standards of Maserati or Ferrari's ;)
  5. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hi , I am new to this website and forum. Its an awesome review, Krishna. The review is very detailed and much more better than the auto magazines. keep up the good work you are doing.
    I am using punto emotion pack. one thing i have noticed is the locked door unlocks and the door opens in "one" step action, which i think is dangerous when the car is in motion, especially with kids on board. I think ideally there should be "two steps", first to unlock the door and the second action to open the door.I have given this feedback to the company executives before. i dont know whether this is addressed in the new linea. I remember seeing this feature in skoda laura.
  6. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Reading the same thing again on T-BHP. So, you are a T-BHPian and a TFian, wow:cool:

- - - Merged Post - - -

AFAIK, you can un-lock the front doors without opening them for sure; not sure of the rear ones, need to check.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I am sorry, but could you please elaborate on this? As far as i understand form your lines, you unlock the doors by lever pull (hand usage) and then door opens in stages its not as free flow as in swift or others. Many of my friends liked this stages opening in my Punto 90hp car.
  8. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Awesome review Krishna, I have a question... Is there an option for the existing Linea owners to get the Cruise Control fitted ? Just curious to know..
  9. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I think he is only speaking about the lever Zen. There being no separate lever to 'lock' and to 'open door', the combined functionality of the single lever can result in accidents if children unintentionally operate the lever while the car is in motion. ( Hope I understood your point correctly, drknaresh )
    That being said, it's no mean feat to push the heavy door open when the car is in motion. Trust me, I've tried it. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    There is thing called Child lock in the rear doors. Not sure if would help here. :confused