1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Anub jack

Anub jack Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Linea T-Jet
    Car came back from service after a new float has been changed. Now the vehicle has better FE but vibrations still exist and the tjet doesnt run smoothly. It rides hard and forcing uneven gear changes. The FASS people are unable to help me .They dont seem to believe the car has any problem at all as the problem appears only when the car is pushed to its limits ,like when the ac is fully on or when 5 or more people are in the car or when travelling uphill on hairpin bends. Getting frustated by the day as i have gone through a lot of oppositions to buy this tjet hhb and finally suffering insults. While the service people and fiat india taking their time in leisure i have been robbed of my happiness over the new car itself. Hoping someone is able to help me find out what might be troubling my car that it has vibrations and rough accelerations
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Anub jack

Fuel pump: get that replaced? IF you still, unlike the FASS folks, think there's something wrong. Are you sure you're gear shifting in the right rpm/torque band: if this is happening only in say uphill on hairpins with the car well-loaded, perhaps you're a bit off on that front. Eliminate that as a possibility, now that FASS says they've done what had-to-be after your bad-fuel induced disruptions.

Adulterated fuel-caused problems have nothing to do with Fiat, fass or the t-jet, btw! Also, you could insist on them changing the 'fuel filter' (or whatever), as well.

In my case it was definitely dirty-fuel, and the pump replacement did the perfect trick (under warranty too, which was nice because not necessary, i guess). Like all turbopetrol cars in India: dirty fuel is a major potential problem, since typically these cars IDEALLY are designed with WESTERN markets normal fuel-quality, and in fact come reccomended for 'premium petrols'. I've taken-to filling only premium-petrol from a set, proven pump or two in dilli-gurgaon ONLY.

cheers
    PradeepM and Anub jack like this.
  3. Tjet'er

Tjet'er Timido

Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi guys, need an advice
    is it fine to drive my Tjet on 3 bolts out of 4? Yesterday,aftr a puncture on front tyre ,Once the tyre was refitted one of the bolt is not screwing.I see the threads on it are flat.I have tried other bolt but it is also not screwing in that cavity.May be the threads in the wheel are damaged.I will take the car to FAss this weekend so is it ok to drive on 3/4 bolts till then?
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    er, no, man, no way!:eek: (Though am a know-nothing on such engneering-risk stuff.)

@Tjet'er
  5. Tjet'er

Tjet'er Timido

Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks @prabhjot

The FASS is around 7 kms from my home so have to drive anyways there:inpain:. Though I would make sure I drive slow avoiding potholes.
    I am praying it does not comes out to be a big issue and wheel hub does not needs to be replaced/repaired.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Tjet'er

Tjet'er Timido

Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi @prabhjot

I went to FASS this Saturday and wheel hub had broken threads for one of the bolt not fitting so wheel hub needed replacement. I was told hub is not covered under warranty and replacement would cost around 4k + labor . As it one of the bolt had issues FASS suggested to repair the hub and I will have to pay for labor only. Total charge Rs 1050. For 50 rs puncture, I had to spend 1050 Rs. I have driven my car for 9K Kms and with first puncture wheel hub got issue. I am sure this was done by guy who replaced the alloy after puncture.

Do you know where I can verify if hub is covered under warranty? I am planning to drop mail to "service.india@fiat.com" or to escalate it but b4 that good to be sure...Thanks
  7. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Anybody installed Hid conversion kit on new Linea. A strange issue is happening after install. When switching headlights on will turn the stereo on if it was in off position and if it is playing media it will either switch to aux or radio and returns back to media after a min. The HID kit is osram h7. Tried using a relay also still the issue persists.
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Do write to Fiat India and check if they can throw a discount on good will.
    From my understanding wheel hub is not covered under warranty.
    Tjet'er likes this.
  9. Imran ali khan

Imran ali khan Novizio

Muscat, Oman
    Mysore
    Linea T-Jet
    @linea4me : I have got projectors with HID kit on my tjet. But even after running more then 6k kms, i havent faced anysuch problems. Are you sure the problem started after HID kit installation?
  10. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    My Tjet 125s was having left pulling issue when bought last month. Took it to FASS and they said it was alignment issue and the that tilted- to- left steering was made straight. But now the high speed stability has become poor. It doesn't inspire confidence to go beyond 120 kmph. The car goes out of control while overtaking. Pulls to the left. It is a total dangerous situation.
    Is it because the alignment is still not ok ? I also doubt the steering rack is faulty.