1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    As far as HUD is concerned you can use your smartphone and install a HUD app on it.
    Otherwise you can go for the following product:
    http://hudwayapp.com/

This product still uses your smartphone and just provides a setup.
  2. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    I do sedate driving only on slow moving traffic highways like connecting nearby towns in Kerala and depends on mood. Will use cruise control when driven sedately. While traveling long distances I do high speeds, recent trip to Bangalore 500km was a blast, with speeds ranging from 130-180kmph max acheived, time taken 6hr:15min. I find on my linea 80-130KMPH is like a rocket. Mileage attained during this trip was 18.2 ACA. My other car Ford petrol, I could never drive it sedately, I used to feel sleepy if I try to drive it so. May be something FIAT mentions about their car is true.
    "A person who loves driving doesn't always want to go fast, or far. He just wants to enjoy the ride. The New Fiat Linea, with its flair in design and precision engineering, allows for such an experience."
    prabhjot, PradeepM and Turbothinghy like this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @linea4me : I feel a little on the contrary as I feel sleepy when I cruise at less than 100 km/hr on my Punto Evo 90 HP, maybe because the way the Fiat masks the speeds. BTW which ford petrol? Fiesta 1.6?
    linea4me and Anub jack like this.
  4. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Ford iron

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  5. Anub jack

Anub jack Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Linea T-Jet
    Mine is a brand new tjet bought in feb 2016 and FASS gave me a reason that the fuel is adulterated and lot of dirt has gone into the tank ,filter and float. They cleaned it all and delivered the vehicle back to me which still had milder vibrations and unbearably low FE lesser than 8km sometimes. Now FASS has agreed to change the filter and float which as per them would solve all the problem. Never thought a brand new car would get such unidentifiable problems. I fill in coco pumps only. Infact i have been filling petrol from the same fuel station where i have been filling my maruti 800 and alto800 for 8 years with exception of once in my tjet. Hoping all problems are rectified and my tjet gets well.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Anub jack

The t-jet, like all turbopetrols, does NOT take kindly to dirty fuel. I've had an episode too. IF problems persist, pursue the spoilt 'fuel pump' possibility....I also suggest not keeping the tank too-full: the fuel pump on the t-jet does seem a little more sensitive than the rest of this toughcar.
    Anub jack likes this.
  7. Tjet'er

Tjet'er Timido

Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot , my Oct-15 TJet FE has fallen to 8 kmpl. Is it normal for this car? Though this is totally in city traffic with AC on. Shall I also get the fuel filter cleaned up? I believe after 10k/1 year the FE would improve?
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Tjet'er

Sounds within range: it is very, very hot + always-in-traffic. Also: Yes to the last question, i'd say. BTW, i'm getting 10+ km/l but then a fair bit of the limited driving is in non-rush-hour, non-totally-heavy-traffic times and routes (Gurgaon-Delhi). What i would suggest is a quick confirmation that you're gear-shifting optimally (if traffic permits): stay in the turbo 'zone'. Don't upshift too soon if you don't have enough room ahead to speed up, for just one eg. Use the extra, gear 2+3/4, torque better, if traffic times permit, to reduce gear shifts? etc Just see if you can play around with that to, if possible, find an incrementally-better gear shifting rhythm, given your traffic-time conditions.

cheers
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  9. Tjet'er

Tjet'er Timido

Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot

I agree on your point and less gear shifting is key to high FE. I do hav a highway journey planned coming mnth and will see how the FE is then....thnkx for help!
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  10. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    I think, for such a heavy petrol car, the economy of 8 kmpl shouldn't be a concern especially in bumper to bumper traffic with AC on. Even my mjd gives me 12 kmpl sometimes in such traffic conditions in Mumbai, whereas the same car gives 23 kmpl on Mumbai to Thane route. :)
    PradeepM and prabhjot like this.