1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    By that logic, the Punto/Linea in 2009 had the Blue & me which was a segment first. But, you need to have sales going for you, for doing something above ordinary, something not present in the segment. Hyundai i20 did a massive cost cutting, by ditching extra airbags on the top variant, nobody asked why and still it sells for the exorbitant amount?
    Fiat seems weak when compared to the competition, only from ASS perspective which is true for a lot of other manufacturers as well. The decade old chasis of Punto/Linea still has a lot to give AT LEAST to the first time buyers, who are yet to feel the segment best ride+handling+combo, so its still ahead of the competition. As a product, Fiat is still one of the best products out there IMO.

Also, Fiats sell way cheaper when compared to the competition, even without the massive discounts.
  2. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Atleast the seat should have been foldable. I am not a big fan of the 60:40 split, however the seat is not at all foldable which restricts you from carrying long things.
    kinetic likes this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Others in the segment like the best selling honda city is also devoid of this feature. I agree its a good to have feature, but why blame Fiat when others are also not providing them.
  4. kinetic

kinetic Novizio

mh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    If Honda doesn't offers, does that means fiat gets a free hand to remove things? Well! then they had tried an attempt to remove everything in the Linea Classic. Hope the flagship 125 gets more usable features at a premium.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Well its not only Honda but the majority, including the Vento. Logic says, if a car doing such good sales can skip on a feature, why cant Fiat do it? Good sales should pimp up a manufacturer to provide even more features, but no one questions them, when they do cost-cutting. Similar case with i20 which skipped on its segment first feature of 6 airbags in top end.

Linea Classic was a segment below, so please dont compare it with Linea. It competed with Ford classic, Sail and Etios.
  6. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    There is something called rising costs that manufacturers need to consider when deciding the features. There have been cost cutting measures by various OEMs and significant ones. How many times do we use the seat folding feature when there is a 500 L boot. I had that feature in my corolla and used that only once when I bought a large TV. I am ok with such cost cutting as long as it does not make heavy compromises like safety features and most likely used features. Try to push the Honda city/amaze sheet metal for example and you will understand what cost cutting is. Look at the seats in the mobilio. These are essential in a car and not a folding seat that will be used once in blue moon.
    GANESH H and Turbothinghy like this.
  7. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Which one would you choose, thin sheet that doesn't rust or thick sheet prone to rust? :drowning:

Also crumple zones are designed in such a way that the outer most parts get the thinnest sheets followed by strong metal inside.
  8. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Please do not make generic statements. Majority of the people on this forum do not have rusting problem. Try parking a Honda city or mobilio beside a highway and feel it shake every time a truck passes by. Or for that matter even a fast car will cause it to shake. This is true for many maruti and Hyundai cars as well. If you are OK with that, there is nothing more to write.
    Edit: I just noticed the thread for your Punto with a major rusting problem. Sorry to see that. But again, the problem might be specific to your car.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    linea4me and GANESH H like this.
  9. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Well the Honda City received 5 stars in the ASEAN NCAP crash test. :stig:

10. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Please check whether this is the India spec Honda city.

Anyways I've presented my opinion.

Best of luck with the purchase of a new car whenever you decide to.
    linea4me likes this.