1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    60:40 split seat is useful at times. Compared to (old) Swift D'zire's boot, Linea's boot is shorter in height (depth) and can't accommodate large suitcases kept vertically. I have experienced this. In such situation, this split 60:40 folding seat can help. This may be needed while dropping someone going abroad (with large suitcases). Though, now the new baggage limits may not let such situation.
    kinetic and linea4me like this.
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The Pre 2012 Linea had 60:40 split with centre head rest at the rear, I must say a cost-cutting measure.
    Atleast you have a feel good factor, I was told by the KHT dealer in B'lore few months ago that they are working on removing the hydraulic boot struts and use the rear hinges like other cars in it's segment.
    kinetic likes this.
  3. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I purchased punto evo without 60/40 is it possible to change in that ?
  4. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Cars from higher segments like Jetta have hinges.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 28, 2016 ---
    Yes, if you want to change the entire rear seat.
  5. kinetic

kinetic Novizio

mh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Believe me, its useful on the day when you want to use the sedan as a pickup truck. Wish some manufacturer thought about launching a station wagon instead of all rushing to the <4m quasi suv segment.

Completely agree. A 60:40 split is more convenient than just having a foldable backrest.
  6. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Forget split, the rear seat of the new Linea can not even be folded down! It is fixed.
    kinetic likes this.
  7. kinetic

kinetic Novizio

mh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Must be a moron who plans the shuffle of features at Fiat office. Waiting for the day when the seats come with fixed headrests :D
  8. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Well already the middle one is gone, so I won't be surprised if the other two are removed too. :D

S-Cross has both 60:40 foldable rear seat and incline adjustment.
    kinetic likes this.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Which cars in Linea's segment has 60:40 foldable rear seats? I feel most of them dont. Also, S-Cross belongs to a different segment all together where every car would have the 60:40 thing, the incline adjustment is great though.
  10. kinetic

kinetic Novizio

mh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    As a product linea had its own USP's to overcome its weakness against the competition. Which cars in the segment have what is no excuse to cut corners, else the linea will soon have a single wiper :D
    Atleast the top end variant should not see cost cutting.
    Come to think of it, my decade old fiat has day-night adjustable irvm, factory tinted front windshield and 'foldable rear seats' too and many more small nifty features which todays buyers crave for.