1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. dileep

dileep Novizio

trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Guys,

Need your help with few niggles which I am facing in my 4 month old Tjet dynamic. I am planning to visit service center in another few days. But most of these niggles are observed only while I park the car at home so I am worried reproducing at service center.

1. Very audible noise while breaking at crawling speeds. This is not observed while breaking at high speeds.
    2. Hissing sound while breaking at high speeds.
    3. small grinding noise when I rotate steering to the lock position. I got very tight parking space at home, I can hear this when steering position is very near to locking position. This more sounds like grinding noise produced by metal parts.
    4. There is a squeak coming somewhere from the rear when someone gets into the rear seat. No squeaks while car is running.
  2. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Noise produced while braking is common in Linea's it is nothing to bother about. It is more prominent during cold mornings.

Also steering sound you are mentioning is present in my 8 month old linea. Also present in my 5 year old Ford ikon. May be it common on hydraulic steering, experts can comment on it.

Rear seat sound can be easily rectified during the service.
  3. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    hi Kinetic, just came across this while going through this page. In Petra or Palio, the clutch is at very bottom and release of clutch is also there n there itself. once you have lifted I guess 1 inch from floor , these queens start rolling. But the press of clutch is too heavy in them.

Linea TJet is almost opposite, it has very light clutch (in comparison with old generation Fiats, even Palio). But it has very long traveling distance, you will easily find this difference when you pressed and release it. Release of clutch is almost halfway or in middle. And so yes, if you are not cautious to come to half mark with ease, you may stall the car in between half distance. I always do this , but instead of stalling I get her in hickups, when I sometime do switch from Palio to Linea. One small good thing Linea carries from Palio or Petra is that, you don't need to always press accelerator while making her move on release of clutch; she can easily run on, unless there is a slope or car is heavily loaded.

Seniors may correct me if my observations are different from other TJets in our group.
    kinetic likes this.
  4. kinetic

kinetic Novizio

mh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Thanks for the reply buddy. It is posts like this which creates a picture as if one is truly experiencing the drive. Hoping for the day to come soon when I manage to do a test drive.
    Navneet likes this.
  5. Anub jack

Anub jack Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Linea T-Jet
    I am having this hiccup problem which led to fuel injection alarm lighting up in the console. When my tjet wss given to cai fiat,coimbatore i was told its a problem with the O^2 sensor. Did you face any further problems with hiccups?
  6. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    @Anub jack fortunately no further problems after that point of time. I suspect it would be a case of repeat fuel adulterated. What was the reason cited by FASS guys? Do you tank up at random petrol pumps or are you a regular at one or two specified pumps? In case it is the former, suggest sticking to a pump that is company owned and operated and has positive reviews. Most petrol pumps are big cheats . How old is your tjet? Cos normally O2 sensors have a reasonably long life. If there is a problem with the sensors the tjet is likely to emit smoke (this is my understanding). O2 sensors are rugged considering the operating environment they live in. The performance of the O2 sensor tends to diminish with age as contaminants accumulate on the sensor tip. This kind of deterioration can be caused by a variety of substances that find their way into the exhaust Including some fuel additives. Did your FE levels dropped after you experienced those hiccups? And is your jet spewing higher emissions? If answer to both these are yes then I would suspect that there could be a problem with the O2 sensors. But I ain't an expert. Fellow Tfians I guess are better equipped to throw light on this.
  7. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    After a long trip of 1200 km with spirited driving, I feel the turbo kick is lost on my linea multijet. Is it any sign of turbo failure. I feel no power loss, but the only problem is lost the turbo kick. Car is 9 months and 14600km. Had done the second service before the trip. How to know if Turbo has any issue. Even after driving it around normal style it is still without the kick. Is there any way to know if Turbo is working fine.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  8. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Try to use off the diesel left in the tank and get refueled at a different station. It is possible that the diesel that you took on the highway was not good.
  9. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Emptied the tank and refuelled, still the same. No Turbo kick at all. The car is behaving like a 1.6 petrol, Free revving. I noticed drop in mileage compared to earlier. Earlier was able to extract 21-23ACA when driven sedately. Now has reduced to 18-19.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  10. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    I am consistently getting 14-14.5 km/L in the city and 16-17 on highways. I have tried driving sedately but that did not help much. Any thing that I should get checked from FASS. The traffic that I encounter is not much except 1 signal where I need to spend around 10 mins. I have a linea multijet emotion.