1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Ashish Kumar

Sad to know that your Jet has been diagnosed with burnt clutch. The Car Mender person is taking you for a ride. The clutch plates are covered under warranty. Its clear that the clutch plates did have an quality issue and hence gave away. Mention your issues on FiaT FB page and as suggested by Vicky get help of Mangesh Kodalkar.

You will be charged for the Wheel alignment and Balancing by FASS. Which second service are you talking about and what was done during that service?

The pics you posted somehow are not opening up. Can you repost them?
    Ashish Kumar likes this.
  2. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks @vtlreja2. That gives me some comfort on Car Menders. But they still insist wheel alignment is chargeable even for the Messaged Mangesh and he says he will try and get discount!! Is that acceptable that I bear the cost or do I stick to my stand and ask for a free replacement?

@ghodlur I would press home with Mangesh. In fact I messaged him saying that fellow mates at TFI have given a very positive review about you getting most issues resolved at your level. The second service that I was talking about is the 15000 km or 1 year whichever is earlier. Since the car was at the workshop, I thought might as well have the 2nd service done since it was due on March 3. I am trying to post the pics that were sent by Car menders again but each time throwing up a dialog box saying "There was a problem uploading your file. A server error occurred. Please try again later".

Ag8CfWaii06TjUxfY_RsNAFf4ZYXLRMOuE2PO3UfKT_g.jpg

Clutch Disc1.jpg

Clutch Disc3.jpg
  3. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Some updates on my burnt clutch issues. Fiat is not budging beyond offering a discount of 40% on clutch replacement. That means the net cost to me is 7200 :banghead:. Seems really unfair to me, especially given my driving style has never been to ride the clutch. For a car that has run less than 6000 kms and is in the very first year, I think I am being shortchanged. I have no other option but to accept their offer. Did not expect such an unfair treatment. Kind of soured my relationship and brought down the regards I had for the company.

On the service front, I had taken the opportunity to have the body repaired since a cab had recently rammed into the T-Jet. Not satisfied with Car Menders as they have not yet started repair - reason being cited is that they do not have the "sunbeam gold"color! Frustration overall :grumpy:. My worst apprehensions of poor ASS coming true. Fiat is living it up to its expectations of taking customers for granted:meh:
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Ashish Kumar, I strongly feel that FIAT should replace it as a one time good will gesture as the car is is very new.
    Ashish Kumar likes this.
  5. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not done at all
    Didn't expect this from fiat atleast...

Whats the reason they are stating for a clutch that gave up so early ?
    Ask them the reason I would say
    Ashish Kumar likes this.
  6. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    @Ashish Kumar ,

I dont know if I posted this earlier , but this seems to be some defect across (maybe only for TJet)
    I say this because I had seen a new Linea TJet (Wine) on the ramp being worked for the clutch.
    When asked what could have happened to such a brand new car , the SA told me the clutch is burnt.
    I asked how and he said maybe he is not driving properly (with clutch pressed/half pressed).

This was at RS motors Kandivali.

BTW, I recently had a dent/paint job done for my fender at RS and its very satisfactory , you should try there for your paint work.
    Ashish Kumar likes this.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thats very bad handling of your case from FIAT @Ashish Kumar. Lets hope the beauty doesn't disappoint you further after you are out of this trauma :)
    Ashish Kumar likes this.
  8. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    No amount of arm twisting is bearing fruit. I have resigned to the fact of paying them. Would never recommend anyone again to go for a Fiat. Nor would I consider this brand again, should I happen to consider purchasing a car in future. Once bitten forever shy. Hope now Car menders do a decent job of the painting and denting at least. Shall keep you all posted.
  9. kinetic

kinetic Novizio

mh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hello Guys! Fantastic review of the tjet by @nkrishnap

I have never driven the tjet, or any linea for that matter. Taking a test drive sometime soon is not possible for me, as the nearest showroom is >200kms away. I am considering the newly announced Linea 125S. I get a clear feel of the car and its performance from the review, still I have a little query of mine. What I understand is that you are in the power band from 2000 rpm onwards. But how is the feel like when you crank the engine, slot in 1st, take your foot off the clutch pedal and begin to drive. Is it easy to stall the tjet in bumper to bumper traffic?

Asking this because since last 9 years I am used to driving the Petra 1.9 diesel and got addicted to it. In the diesel Petra, it is like, crank the engine and just ease off the clutch pedal and the car lurches forward without any accelerator input. I have successfully managed to stall a few petrol cars because of this habit. I simply forget to give any accelerator input while easing off the clutch or even if I do, its not enough to move the car and it stalls. There's no better place than this where I could ask to experts and actual owners of the tjet.

Thanks.
  10. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3