1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. subhash_chellam

subhash_chellam Timido

Hosur
    Linea 1.3
    IMG_20160116_153924.jpg hi All,

Need advise on changing Left ORVM as it had a small crack. It happened on last Saturday 16th Jan when I was on a trip. An idiot who was in hibernated mood came fast in his ALTO 800. It is just a single lane road and had enough pathholes to keep our speed below 30KMPH. I saw this guy coming fast from opposite direction and gave enough space for him to cross. Still he hit my ORVM and broke the blinkers (only). I got down and realized 3 people in car were in hibernated mood. So I continued my journey. My linea elegante is hardly a month old and I don't want a broken part. With heavy heart I called by Fiat and they said total set need to be changed. They are saying it is around 4K. Could you please help me is there any other way we can change that. Since it is a limited edition, I have a chrome strip on ORVM which is not available on regular ORVMs.
  2. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bad luck! Precisely this is the reason why I do not like to have turn indicators on the OVRMs. These are most vulnerable parts on Indian roads and quite often these are subject to damages. Other car manufacturers advertised this as a must have feature and finally Fiat also had to fall for it (thanks to us - customer's likes). Simple job made complicated.
    prabhjot and Ravi_M like this.
  4. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry for your ORVM indicator @subhash_chellam, but have heart, for it saved your beloved car!

+1 to @punto_emotion. During my recent trip to Shegaon (Jan 16-17), on a narrow road near Chikhaldara, a car came too close while crossing and hit my right ORVM slightly leaving a stain of its ORVM, no damage. Had it been with the blinker, it would have broken. My right ORVM has had few more minor collisions till date in city traffic too. Many years ago, with my earlier car Indica, I was saved from a 'could be major' hit with a bus on Ichchapur Highway (Indore-Khandwa) due the right ORVM. The road was narrow, car was new and the state-transport bus was too fast. The ORVM lost its life to save us.

In fact, Indica came with only right ORVM and I got left ORVM fitted soon after. I always keep bot OVRM open and these are abig help while driving and parking in particular. This is part of good driving lessons. I see many car owners using IRVM only, to protect their ORVM- they end-up damaging the car.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Non-illuminated ones cost around Rs.750 and the illuminated ones Rs.2200
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Contact Kava Auto Mumbai for the specific part. Sometimes you can get lucky with them.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi friends. Wanted to check with the knowledgable souls here - whether clutch plates are covered under Fiat warranty? I got a shocker while stuck on the Mumbai-Pune expressway this Saturday. There was a gradual burning smell in the cabin and while crawling on the Khandala ghat a fellow driver informed about smoke emanating from underneath the bonnet. I immediately parked the tjet on the side and called for roadside assistance which towed the vehicle to Panvel to an apparently new fiat workshop called Car Menders. Never heard of them so some feedback from fellow TFIans would be greatly appreciated. The gentleman Mr. Davinder Singh told me its an issue of clutch plate burning and would cost nearly 10K and is not covered as a part of the warranty. I said I have just done 5700 kms and the Tjet is yet to even complete one year. How could the clutch plates go off so soon, especially given my experience of driving zen and swift earlier, both of which had done over 25000 kms without any issues with the clutch plates. The counter argument given my Davinder was that he could burn an absolutely new clutch plate in 10 minutes. And that it all depended on the way one drives. I was not convinced at all given that I am not as a bad a driver as I was being made out by him. Folks, need your urgent views and suggestions - first on whether its actually possible to have the clutch plates burnt with less than 6000 km of city running on a Tjet and second, even if this were true, are clutch plates not covered under the first year Fiat warranty. I am not willing to shell out 10,000 in the first year of the Tjet itself. Another small point, is wheel balancing and alignment charged for during the second service. I thought it was complimentary under the 2 free services. Thanks in advance.
  8. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Are/were you sure, your clutch plate is/was completely erased, and car is not drive-able?

My observation with Tjet is as follows: As far as I know Linea Tjet Clutch is prone to smell n have bigger play(compare to our Palio), which makes it difficult to find perfect spot where you can decide when to late go the breaks , especially on hills, with usual heavy traffic like in Khandala. Acceleration is not required though, but cause of the long play, user wont feel confident to try without accelerating.

I suggest if car is drive able, take it to RS Motor(Kandivali) for second opinion.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    Ashish Kumar likes this.
  9. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks @Navneet . The car was drivable as I chugged it up the towing vehicle. It was the smell and the sight of smoke that shook my confidence. Let me post the pics that Davinder had sent. Being a novice, I cannot make out much from these but I am sure experts here would have ready knowledge. Thanks.

a151fa03-b8a5-4ff2-9dbf-dce5d1695887.jpeg

730aeaaf-e113-4f8a-a431-d4125e0a60c8.jpeg

4e4352ef-7349-43a5-a4fb-22d225b07a9d.jpeg

87f9bd81-256d-469a-ab12-5642deb45277.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  10. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3