1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Shibin

Shibin Timido

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    I almost decided to buy Linea TJet. But now I heard that Linea will be discontinued soon and it will be replaced by Tipo.
    Anybody know when it going to come in India. If I buy Linea now and if it gets discontinued i think there will be issues for getting parts later.
  2. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    you have time till 2017 end, till then no upgrades to linea, besides we will not get the tipo, instead the grand Sienna 2017 - which has not yet started testing anywhere on the planet. So you can buy the linea.

Any new plans should be out in JAN 2016 when FIAT HQ unveils updated market stratergy
    Shibin likes this.
  3. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    Hi

usually you should be able to get spares for next 10-12 years after the model is completely stopped.
    Go for it, I am getting my Linea mjd tomorrow
    Shibin likes this.
  4. Shibin

Shibin Timido

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thats Good. Let me visit the dealer this week.
  5. Shibin

Shibin Timido

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    http://www.oncars.in/fiat/tipo
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Shibin

these websites are rumour hyper-linking champs.

Wait a little, all should hopefully be revealed at the global model/product-launch press conference by Marchionne, manley etc later sometime this month.

As far as informed-guesswork-rumours go: the all-new Grand Sienna currently being tested in brazil alongside the all-new Punto will, it is said on brazilian automotive websites, have similar styling to the Tipo/Aegea, at least on the outside, so. Also it will launch there and in Argentina, where it will be made, in end-2016, so yeah mid-2017 for India (post the India-made jeep c-suv one?) would seem likeliest.

cheers

PS: i'd say go right ahead with the Linea t-jet. If you want to wait, wait perhaps, if you like the fast and furious, for the very-rumoured Linea 'powered by Abarth' that MAY just appear in 2016, who knows? And/or maybe a possible Linea t-jet with the ddct automatic? Just rumours as of now...
    subhash_chellam and Shibin like this.
  7. Rajnish K Jain

Rajnish K Jain Timido

Bhopal
    Bhopal
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear friends, Although I am satisfied with the performance of my Linea T jet emotion. I have completed more than 5000 kms in one year, but unfortunately both stock front good year tyres have developed bubbles in less than one year on the out side. Good year company supervisor inspected and told that they have developed due to some pinch cut and refused to change or replace them. I am not able to understand this phenomenon of this pinch cut coined by supervisor to avoid replacement under warranty period. I am not sure whether remaining two tyres also will develop the bubbles because of poor quality of these tyres. Some of my friends also faced same problem with good year tyres in Innova. This is my advise to all friends that don't purchase these poor quality tyres and suggestion to Fiat that in future vehicles don't sell the vehicles with these tyres. Now, I will have to change these tyres before they burst.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Rajnish K Jain ji, can you please post a picture of the tyre with bubbles. I also have the GoodYear NCT5 tyres and will cross check. A reference pic from your side will help. Thanks!
    adisrini1103 likes this.
  9. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Folks,

I remember reading about blue footwell lights in Linea in the review. Was this carried on to the production version of Linea? If so do we need to turn on this in settings? I don't see any blue footwell lights in my recently purchased Linea. Hence the doubt.
  10. Rajnish K Jain

Rajnish K Jain Timido

Bhopal
    Bhopal
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear friends, the third tyre was also showing the same type of bubble recently. The fourth tyre seems still intact. Since, I did not want to take any risk, so I changed all the four tyres today. I opted for Ceat tyres of same size 205/55/R16 @ Rs. 5550 at Ceat shop in Bhopal. Since, I am already using Ceat tyres in my Ritz, they are doing well, I thought to try them for Linea also. Hope, they serve better than GoodYear tyres. Few photographs of tyres with bubble are attached. I am still not able to understand this phenomenon of self destructive damage in tyres.

IMG_20160109_161105.jpg

IMG_20160109_161121.jpg

IMG_20160109_161138.jpg

IMG_20160109_161147.jpg