1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Have a doubt here. Are rear parking sensors sufficient in Linea or should I ask the dealer to install rear camera also before taking delivery? Can folks who own one kindly advise me on this?
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I'm using RPS and no reverse camera on my Linea. I have got used to RPS and is enough for me.
    Camera may be more useful for Avventura, which has the spare wheel behind the car.
    However, if you have more Vitamin M, you may opt for it.
    Whencut86 likes this.
  3. dileep

dileep Novizio

trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    I have installed a rear camera from dealer, reason being I am new to driving sedans and parking space is very tight at my home. I found it very useful for car like Linea which got a real long rear :)
    Whencut86 likes this.
  4. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I use RPS in Linea and No Camera. Matter of getting adjusted to it.
    Whencut86 and prabhjot like this.
  5. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    I installed camera connected to GPS system( linea 1.3 emotion), so only switchs on if required. Got the mapmyindia zx350 packed for fiat, n just get a camera ( cost Rs2500). If the GPS unit display is on, it automatically switches to camera in reverse gear.

I don't use it often. Not a must if we have the sensors.
    Whencut86 and prabhjot like this.
  6. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks folks. Will skip the rear camera for now. Will get zero dep insurance. Dealer is giving me floor mats and mud flap. My loan got sanctioned today. Hope to take delivery in a week or at max 10 days time. Waiting!
    avithe1 and prabhjot like this.
  7. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Sorry for the back to back posts. Got an update from dealer that they have ordered the car from the Fiat stable and it is likely to be lifted from Ranjangaon plant tomorrow or day after. Will reach the dealer in a week's time at the max. This week's wait is gonna be tough :) Also would like to know if Linea comes with an underbody coating or should I go to a nearby 3M shop and get it done?
  8. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @Whencut86 Linea does not come with underbody coating. Since you stay in place with high humidity i would recommend to get underbody coating from 3M. Also when i got my TJet, i also got the engine bay coated from 3M. It has dual benefit, one is it prevents staining inside engine bay plus it keeps rodents away from the engine bay :happy:.

On your query for reverse camera, it is very useful. Although RPS do their job good still i find reverse camera more useful as it provide me vision of unseen portion while reversing esp. broken drain covers, objects left behind car and very important, small kid playing near rear of the car. So even from safe driving perspective Reverse Camera does its job good.
    Whencut86 likes this.
  9. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    does anyone got Linea dynamic recently ..
    or emotion ..

what is the overall discount dealer offered
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 28, 2015 ---
    diesel variant
  10. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Due to the the rains in Chennai and floods my car which was supposed to reach Chennai by Dec 2 was held up somewhere safe and reached the dealer's stockyard 2-3 days back. Did a PDI of the car today morning and exteriors seem to be ok. A bit of rust in discs but that should be taken care of during run-in I guess. The odo read H151 KMS and I am not sure how it was 151 KMS. Maybe they drove it from somewhere near Chennai. Not sure about that and so need to check that with the dealer. The car is a Nov,2015 manufactured one. Was informed while booking that the car was manufactured 13 days before the booking date. Confirmed that with VIN number. Need to give all originals and my old car tomorrow. If all goes well I should take delivery on Sunday. Fingers crossed.