1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Mate,

This update is available since a few months. I was one of the first one's to get the update done on my car and I have updated the details in my ownership thread.
    The update is good and helps the car behave better in lower rpm's. The rev's are free and the engine sounds more refined and quieter now. There is also a marginal increase in FE on all my refills post the update.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    prabhjot and linea4me like this.
  2. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Hello @PradeepM,

I have seen mention of this update on 2014 Linea by many. I am assuming that this is only for the new car and not the pre-facelift. Is that so? If yes, what reason? If not, then should I ask local FASC? Mine is May 2012 1.3 MJD.
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Ravi,

Right this update is only for the facelift versions. The reason for this update is to correct the shudder in Gear 3 (between 1500- 2000 rpm) reported in the MJD's of facelift versions.
    The ECU is different on the pre & post face lift versions as we do see a few noticeable changes in the car ( Eg: pickup in facelift is linear, cruise control option added) and hence this update would not be applicable for the earlier cars.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  4. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi all. Its been time since I shared my experience in owning the facelift Linea Emotion - Sunbeamgold. Did not have a chance to actually experience the beauty in full flow till this week when I went out to Silvassa and then to Pune from Mumbai. Must admit that it was indeed a wonderful feeling driving the Linea for the first time outside city limits. I had one major concern ever since I got hold of the Linea in March this year - fuel efficiency - a meagre 8 kmpl after having done about 4k kms. I had read here from fellow mates that while this was the norm in city conditions, it was a different ballgame on the highways. Indeed so true!! I travelled about 700 km over the past 5 days, and I got a decent FE of 13.8 kmpl for this distance. Wanted to check the highest FE I could manage so did a Trip B from Hinjewadi to Mumbai and to my excitement got an avg of 16.8 kmpl. I was so satisfied, since for me ride and handling was never a concern as these were anyway top notch. FE improved significantly on the cruise at speeds in the 70-80 kmph range.

Further pushing the throttle affected the FE adversely which is intuitive. Also tried revving up the engine till wife permitted - happy to share that even at speeds of 150 the Linea stayed really stable and calm. Of course, did not keep that speed for long. For buddies staying in Mumbai, just one piece of advice - try avoiding the BP petrol pump on the western express highway at Goregaon neat the Hub mall. A big cheat. I had just about got into reserve fuel (7 ltrs) and asked the guys to fill the tank complete. The meter showed 44.1 litres well before the tank was upto the brim. I asked him to stop immediately telling that the tank capacity was 45 l and I already had about 5-6 l in the reserve. How could the meter show 44 l!! Talking to the police patrol vehicle standing just next to the petrol pump was also fruitless as they mentioned that I should lodge a complain to the police station. Speaking to the owner of the pump was also of no use.

Also needed some suggestion - some moron scrapped past and made a wavvy dent and deep scratches on the left rear fender adjoining the gate. Whats the best solution to get my beauty back in shape and the best place in Mumba (reasonably priced) to do it.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Ashish,
    Kindly post the picture so that members can give suggestions based on the same.
    Ashish Kumar likes this.
  6. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    @Ashish Kumar , yes I have heard similar stories about the same petrol pump. They are cheats indeed. Infact similar is IOC just next to Aarey flyover.
    Where are you exactly located in Mumbai? Where do you plan to service you car?
    I too have a new MJD getting around 12 kms/l in city, daily run of 42kms.
    I mostly fill at BP @ kamal amhrohi JVLR.
  7. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    @svnarayan posting the pic. Also posting a side view (with the TFI sticker on the quarter glass) :)

20151115_140907.jpg

20151115_140918.jpg

20151115_140759.jpg

20151115_140935.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 15, 2015 ---
    @avithe1 I am located at Juhu Road next to SNDT University. I normally tank up at COCK pumps, either at the Bandra pump which is at the convergence of SV Road and Linking Road or at Churchgate which is just off marine drive. My experience with them has been good. Also forgot to mention that after tanking up at goregoan BP pump the linea started having hiccups for at least the next 45 mnts or so, especially in gears 1 to 3. I highly suspect that even the petrol there was adulterated. Beware mates. Also avoid filling air at the pump on SV Road in ville parle near Nanavati on the left side if you are moving towards andheri. They will puncture your tyre while filling air and then offer fixing it by charging 150 bucks!! I had a bad experience with 2 punctures :(

I did my first service at Torrid in goregoan. Very poor service. Almost entire day gone for just the first service. On top of that they don't clean your car as a part of the service which is really pathetic. Fellow owners who I chatted to had the same adverse opinions. Will try RS Motors at Kandivili for my second service. Heard decent reviews abt it. Would love to hear from Tfians abt their experiences.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    Raaz likes this.
  8. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    One step closer to owning a Fiat. Wanted to book an Abarth but I have now booked a Magnesio Gray Linea T-Jet. Read Leg room for family and space between clutch and dead pedal made be decide on a Linea and skip the Abarth Punto. Hard decision to make but buying a Linea T-Jet and maybe few years down the lane can do a remap. 1 lakh worth discount and the on-road price will be 10.4 after discounts. Loan processing will start on Monday and in 10 days time will actually own a Linea T-Jet :) The wait begins now...
  9. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Congrats Whencut86 for TJet. Agreed that this wait time is killing
  10. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @mangeshtendulkar Thanks. Waiting time is 10 days. 3-5 days of loan processing and then have to hand over my Brio 4 days before delivery. My sales advisor mentioned that the car was manufactured just 13 days before but I had read somewhere that Linea production was temporarily halted in July. Need to get VIN number. Sent documents for loan processing. Lets see how things go. Hope I get to drive home one in 10 days.
    mangeshtendulkar likes this.