1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Just received info from SKY FIAT that new software received for ECU update for Linea MJD. Anyone aware of this software update.
  2. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    The current software version running is 3650ZI83. Can you find out the latest software version from the dealer.
  3. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Any update on this?
  4. Rahul Grover

Rahul Grover Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Linea T-Jet
    1127 km in a week and 522 km in this round trip to a property known as aalia in haridwar, I was excited and was eagerly looking this trip of mine. I had so many expectations more so because I know my jet had a lot of things to proove, especially since it would have a head on comparison with our other car the petrol corolla altis 2013 model which had been our chariot for the past few months. The judge for this bout was my wife and mom in law who were my copassengers and who most importantly knew the feel and comfort of our corolla petrol.
    Few things I noted
    1) I just couldn't hear the turbo whistle
    2) the ride was noisy I mean really noisy, I kept on telling my wife that this noise is coming from wing mirrors and some from the tyres and etc etc, well she couldnt care less but I knew that she was right
    3) I could feel some engine vibrations on my dead pedal especially during the pick ups
    4) AC , the blow of the Ac is not strong especially compared to the altis and even my 8 year old honda. The blow of the fan is less, throughout the trip I kept on fiddling with the Ac setting full auto auto whatever I just couldn't hit the jackpot
    5) Backache especially lower back , I am six feet and I had a tough time, just like the Ac didn't know which is the best chair settings for me, came back and on suggestion of a fellow fiatian orderd a lumbar back support from.snap deal.

Well it was fun though I enjoyed the car and nothing has put me off but still I want this car to be the perfect answer and shut critics for good.
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hey Rahul,
    1) The turbo whistle is very mild. You can hear it only in 1st/2nd/3rd gears in a relatively quiet environment (typically in a basement parking lot). Definitely not in highway speeds
    2) Wind Noise: This is the biggest problem with Linea and a serious design flaw on Fiat's part. It can deafen your ears at highway speeds if you are coming from Corolla. I have been constantly fiddling on finding a solution ever since I bought my T-JET. Till then, the only solution is to increase the sound in the stereo.
    3) Vibrations while acceleration. This happens during hard acceleration from standstill on 1st and 2nd gears. I had raised / high GC stiff suspension and now running on low GC / soft suspension. The vibration is bit more now on the softer suspension set-up. This seems to be normal in T-JET and I'm used to it now. Other fellow members can chime in.
    4) AC blow. The AC is quite good in Linea. ACC works differently than the manual AC (just in case if your previous cars AC were manual). The way to go is to let it run on low temp (18 degree C or LOW) for few mins and then set-it to desired temp (say 22 degree C). This way I found the ACC to be very pleasant and effective. I also have 3M CR films all around and this helps a lot on sunny days.
    5. Backache on seat: The interior space of all hatchback based sedans are unmistakably snug no mater how the design is so you have to find a seat position that's comfortable to your back as well to place / spread the rest of body parts such as legs and hands. I have only position in Linea terms of seat height and lateral positioning that I'm comfortable with. You will eventually find it (Tip: Try keeping steering height to the lowest, seat height to the highest, seat positioning pushed back).

Cheers,
    Mahesh

ssateesh, Rahul Grover and Saji Babu like this.
  6. Rahul Grover

Rahul Grover Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks buddy
  7. subhash_chellam

subhash_chellam Timido

Hosur
    Linea 1.3
    Hi All,

One general question. How about GC in new linea. I have already booked the car and i am going to take delivery on coming monday. It might not be correct time but i liked the car and booked the same. The answer could help me in deciding my driving style for sure. Could you please guys help me in this.
  8. Rahul Grover

Rahul Grover Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Linea T-Jet
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Subash,

Absolutely no issues with the upgraded GC on the facelift. With 14k+ on my car's odo I can assure you that the ride quality is very good and the car does feel planted and stable at some speeds north of 120kmph.

Congratulations on the car and wishing you many happy miles ahead.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    subhash_chellam likes this.
  10. subhash_chellam

subhash_chellam Timido

Hosur
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks a lot Rahul and Pradeep. That brings me very much confident.
    PradeepM likes this.