1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Its 12.0.2 i suppose..
  2. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Hi @vinit , where did you get the ECU update done , Torrid?
  3. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Folks, is there any way to know the current ECU version without going to FASS?
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Saji Babu

I searched the forum and a few other links and was not able to come across any possible way to check the version ourselves.

Cheers,
    pradeep.
  5. Rahul Grover

Rahul Grover Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Hey guys
    I have noticed that when I apply brakes slowly to bring the car to a halt from a crawling speed I hear a whistle coming from the brakes. It only comes when I am gentle on the brakes not otheriwse. Should I be worried considering the jet is only four days old. It's a July make. In the PDI I did not some rusting issue but passed it off. Any advice would be nice

IMG_20150922_171704.jpg
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Rahul Grover, it's a characteristic of TJet. Don't worry. All is well.
  7. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Same with MJD, can hear it when it is silent at night and at early mornings!
  8. Rahul Grover

Rahul Grover Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Wohh thanks man, sure gives me peace of mind.:happy:
    Mr mabood a senior guy at Kashyap fiat has asked me that if we need to have any meets or plans or weekend getawsys he will be happy to oblige in whatever way he can, so let me know if any conclave is coming up :joyful:
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Rahul Grover

TF-ian Biraj, an early t-jet Linea owner, did a bit of research to account for this, and what he came up with makes sense, since it fits the timing of the brake sound: the brake pads used on Linea-s (certainly the t-jet, probably also the mjd) have metal content, for better bite and durability, and it is that metal content that results in these occasional and occasioned sounds from the brakes. Whether other cars in the c2-segment have similarly part-metallic brakes pads: i don't know. But given the awesomely superior braking of the Linea (t-jet): it is a welcome trait, if anything.

cheers, enjoy the turbo-jet goodness!
    Rahul Grover likes this.
  10. turborider

turborider Timido

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Got courage to reply to a 9 months old post only after I could post my buying decision -
    http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/how-i-bought-tjet.14970/