1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @nikhil0405: Get ECU update for your vehicle as it is 2014 manufactured vehicle.
    nikhil0405 likes this.
  2. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Pavan. Did not ask Pandit since they have nearly wound up their service center. Will visit jay vijay soon for the update.
  3. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Fianlly got the ECU update done. Here are my observations.

1. Pick up in 1st and 2nd gear is now butter smooth.
    2. Sluggishness (when AC used to be ON) is completely vanished and pick up without AC is absolutely "kicking" :)
    3. Adequate power in every gear. Drove the car at 30 KM/h in 5th gear without feeling any need to downshift. This will surely help the mileage.
    4. Turbo is definitely kicking now much earlier and yes, the engine is sounding smoother and rev friendly.
    I think that, now after this update, it will be very difficult for the prospective owners to differentiate between MJD and TJet as far as performance is concerned. :)
  4. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Hey guys, what accessories do you recommend for the linea? I would like to change to the moulded mudflaps. Also any suggestions for the reverse camera and mats in pune?
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    your item no 3:- please dont do that,you are lugging the engine.5th gear is best driven above 60Kmph.
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  6. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    That was a part of testing :) To check the behavior under various conditions. The point was, I didnt get any feeling that the car will stall at that speed in that gear.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    it will also climb an uphill in 5th gear with that speed,you can test it.Prior the car speed should be greater than the 5th gear tuned speed.
    Do one test ,reach to the top speed say of 80Kmph and remove the foot from accel pedal,it will slow down and will attain the speed as tuned for the 5th gear.Same goes to all the gears.The engine will not stall rather you will get a feel like less on oxygen.Each every gear is tuned with certain Kmph.Try this !
  8. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @nikhil0405 : I have fixed reverse camera from Car cupid Pashan. Moulded mudflaps came as a freebie from the dealer. I am also trying to find out some decent 3d mats.
    nikhil0405 likes this.
  9. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    @Ganges: This is with respect to "then" and "now". Earlier it used to either stall or as you said "getting a feeling of having less oxygen". Now even If I brake to that speed, it still picks up without any such feeling. Thats the observation post ECU update.
    linea4me and prabhjot like this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats something special,asking a bull to wake up from long sitting hours.if that's the observation, then FIAT has done something new with this upgrade.
    Rahul Grover and prabhjot like this.