Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.
Excellent nKrishnap ... What a review ...
Expect it arrive by Mid June with the things standing as of now. But you never know with Fiat, it can get delayed too.
Superb review Krishna. The new Linea is very much a looker but if you look at the cars (both pre and post facelift) from the side, nothing can beat the looks of the older Linea. The very short armrest too is a sore point. The interiors too have a premium feel to it.
It was nice interacting with you yesterday at Vecto motors.
Amazing review Krishna,crisp and crytal clear. Thanks for such a beautiful review with the HD Pics.
Thanks for revealing your lil birdie news on 1.6 MJD. I was waiting for long on my Linea upgrade, would you put some lite on following queries:
- When Fiat can be able to launch 1.6 MJD, any speculation/birdie news
- There was long speculation that MJD-ll (8-point injection / pump); but now nobody speaks about it?
. Do you think the speculated 1.6 would be in MJD-llavatar.
. In that case why not 1.3MJD-ll. ( I believe the cost delta would be minimal for this).
- The final question, will 1.6MJD would make @below 11lac Ex-showroom:dance
Firstly the news on the engine assembly is on the drawing boards. To implement those and then test the assembly and then the final output, then put the engine to rigourous tests and get them certified, will all take time. But how long, only Fiat will be able to answer. The wait for the 1.6 can get longer than a year too.
On the multijet 2, dont expect it to be coming soon for various reasons, costs being one of them. The same with 1.6 MJD, the tax structure changes and so will the end pricing be. How much can Fiat price the 1.6 MJD is anybody's guess.
Till I hear the engine getting tested and certified, even through a credible source, I will not base my decision of purchase solely on this.
According to our govt's stupid classification system, wouldn't the linea with its 185mm+ GC and the 1.6 MJD get classified as an SUV thereby attracting more excise duty?
I think the same happened to cars like that civic too.
Very detailed review nkrishnap!
My observation when I compare this with 2013 T-Jet,
+ 1 Dashboard looks more premium now.
+ 0 No changes to seat design and leather upholstery.
- ArmRest shortened
+2 Bottle holder introduction (Much talked missing feature from earlier version as if it wont start if it is not there) but yes it is helpful.
+ upgrade to Music System
+ Factory fitted Cruise control
+ Proper fit and finish
+ On top of this spot on pricing
Those who said earlier Linea exterior is better than New Linea version, but from FIAT's point of view despite they know this voice from customer, they simply can not launch the updated Linea with same exterior. This design will also be liked by people as time progresses...
Wishing FIAT to succeed in Indian Market!
Happened to see one when i was at workshop for my inter-cooler replacement...
1. Dashboard is improved. The light cream colour new kind of plastic is a good addition, looks of good quality and feels nice on touch. However, i am not very sure about it's choice of colour. It will become dirty very quickly. Has to be maintained regularly. All in all, Dash-board is the prime addition of the lot and definitely improves interior. The plastic quality is though not soft-touch but still superior compared to older models.
2. Sun-glass cubby is a nice touch.
3. The Stereo too looks nice with soft touch buttons, looks of good quality.
4. It's not bad at all in person as an overall look from outside. It has to grow but it definitely has presence. The old Linea was already a perfect design to improve upon, still it doesn't spoil the look if not enhance.
3. Air vents and it's sliders quality is surely improved. They are of awful quality in older fiats. Though no where near top quality but certainly a welcome improvement.
5. Didn't drive it as it was getting washed for delivery. All in all, It is still aesthetically pleasing from outside and became even more charming inside. It will continue to command good road presence especially the top model with 16" alloys & those meaty tires. A thumps up to this updated & groundbreaking world's first Offroading-Saloon, i am sure it will create it's own segment! I just curse FIAT India when i see 2013-14 models riding so high from ground :A
Ambient light in the cabin which I like the most in the car.....
Separate names with a comma.