1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    OE flooring material is said to be fire proof. Also, it is not very sensitive for outside temperature. I mean during winter it won't get very cold and during summer it won't get too hot.
    prabhjot and linea4me like this.
  2. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Any update?
  3. Dr. Fixated

Dr. Fixated Novizio

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @linea4me Yes, they performed the ECU update (for free) during the first service. In the end, engine oil and filter change were not opted for as they said it is not necessary. Wheel alignment and balancing was done, said no to Teflon & under-body coating. As a passenger, I didn't perceive much change after the ECU update; in the first place, never perceived any lag or jerk as such.
    PradeepM and linea4me like this.
  4. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    I stopped by at KHT Fiat Service Center on Saturday (Aug 8th) to inquire about parts required to revert to 2011 suspension set-up. I'm adding the details below for everyone's reference. The front bump stopper and front stabilizer will be retained.

So we are looking at Rs. 11,034 or Rs. 14,144 as parts charges depending on the condition of mounting pads.

Labor charges will be additional Rs. 3,500 and the work will take roughly 4-5 hours.

I'm planning to get the 2011 suspension installed on my T-JET next week and will keep you all posted.

Suspension Kit Parts - Old & New-For-Upload.jpg
  5. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @maheshvpy
    Thanks a lot buddy for sharing the information. Even I will be changing to the old suspension of my MJD Linea (may be on Thursday). Did you get these details from Sharanappa? The last time I enquired they said they have to get the spares ordered as they do not have the stock. Also just ensure you get the parts which are made from Cofap company
  6. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Vishi,

Fellow Tfian has the old GC kit for MJD available in case you want to use it. It would be kind of win win for both of you in terms of price. In fact I spoke to mahesh as well on the same however since he has a TJet the suspension setup would not have suited his car. Kindly let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,
    PradeepM.
  7. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Vishi - Sharanappa was not in on Saturday. I met the Sr. Manager Raghavendra to discuss. Yes, I have read in the forum that the shock absorbers should be Cofap brand made in Poland. I'll check that when I give my give car.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 10, 2015 ---
    Hi Pradeep,
    I went to KHT assuming the T-JET and the MJD suspension parts are different (this is what I have read somewhere in one of the forums). The spare parts person in KHT said the suspension parts for all Lineas (Diesel / Petrol / T-JET) are the same. However he has mentioned that the parts for the Diesel and Petrol Puntos were different. I did not get into details of Punto spare parts though.

With regards using the suspension parts from your friends car, I think we will not get any warranty as compared to buying the parts directly from Fiat. Though I believe Fiat itself provides only 6 months of warranty on suspension set-up change, it is important to have it in case something goes wrong. I forgot to discuss with Raghavendra on using the parts from someone else's car however I'll check on this aspect.

Regards,
    Mahesh
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    PradeepM likes this.
  8. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Pradeep for letting me know about it. But I am thinking of going for a new one as my car has done just 9k in the ODO and I am planning to keep this car for many years to come.

@maheshvpy does KHT have the stocks of the old suspension?
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes Vishi. They have the parts in stock. I visited today and confirmed that the parts are Cofap brand and made in Poland. I've made the job card and dropping the car tomorrow morning at 9am. When do you plan to get it done?
  10. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Has anyone carried out this ECU update in Mumbai ? If yes, what is the feedback ? When I talked to the Mumbai FASS, they dont seem to have any clue about it.