1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Dr. Fixated

Dr. Fixated Novizio

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @linea4me I talked to AV Motors today. It seems ECU update will be applicable to 2015 manufactured Linea as well. I'll confirm after the service tomorrow. After reading some of the posts in other threads, I will also opt for engine oil change as there doesn't seem to any harm in doing that. Maybe filter (fuel filter, I guess?) change as well if they don't suggest me not doing it.
    linea4me likes this.
  2. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Dr.fixated..
    Thanks for letting me know. Even I'm planning to change the engine oil and oil filter for the first service. Mine odo is just 900km now. Also I feel the tuning on my linea to be very good to drive at present, it's very smooth in delivery also no turbo lag. Today I felt what Fiat promo says " If you still like driving we are still ahead" to be very true.......... Are you getting the turbo kicking feel when u drive . I revved till 2700rpm but never got the feeling of turbo kicking in, it's a kind of linear in all rpm. Luckily no lag faced like all the other test drives I had on linea's. Do you feel the same kind of delivery on yours?...
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Dr. Fixated

Dr. Fixated Novizio

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    ^ I am yet to graduate from driving an AMT to a manual but plan to soon start. The ones who have driven it for the past 5000KM never mentioned anything about lag in lower gears or jerk in the 3rd gear. Overall, as you said, as a passenger, power delivery appeared to be smooth.
    PradeepM and linea4me like this.
  4. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Anyone using vinyl flooring on linea, I'm finding it difficult to keep the carpets clean even after installing star 3d mats as in Kerala it's raining too bad. Should I install it or leave as is......
  5. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Dr. Fixated,

FASS will not advice on any fluid/ filter changes and as you rightly mentioned its totally our call. The first service is a mere general checkup along with alignment and a wash.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Dr. Fixated likes this.
  6. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Today got to see linea elegante at the dealership. The GPS and reverse camera are built in . GPS is loaded with mapmyindia maps.
    Saji Babu and PradeepM like this.
  7. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Good! I would love if the touch screen can be retrofitted in the face-lifted linea!
  8. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    It can be fitted on to the new linea's, the part no list is not yet updated with the dealer system. They told it is going to cost rs.40000+
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 7, 2015 ---
    Also the reverse camera quality is good. The gps interface is the same like the one I got from the dealer (mapmyIndia with reverse cam). After seeing the elegante in flesh, felt the only thing that I missed is the touch screen system compared to mine.
    Photos taken using mobile camera.

IMAG6000.jpg

IMAG6002.jpg

IMAG6004.jpg

IMAG6006.jpg

IMAG6008.jpg

IMAG6009.jpg

IMAG6010.jpg

IMAG6011.jpg

IMAG6013.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Oops, those seat covers look too shoddy and they look like done at a galli ka dukan. Fit and Finish not elegant at all.
  10. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Pradeep, first from a distance I felt oh I missed the seats too but when I came close it was a different look, also not the leather material.
    I feel they are trying to clear away the dynamic white color stock. Any new plans by FIAT?
    Skoda made some tweaks to rapid to clear the stock as the facelift scheduled for december.
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.