1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Team,
    I have complied the pars list by reading various forums to move to 2011 suspension set-up. Can anyone please confirm?

Suspension Kit Parts.JPG

Regards,
    Mahesh
  2. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Got the ECU update done today from KHT Fiat Service. I spoke to Sharanappa, the service manager and he promptly asked the service adviser to get it done. Took around 30-45 minutes to get things done as the concerned person was busy with some other vehicle.

I just drove less than 10kms in average city traffic, back to home after the update. Felt that turbo kicking in bit earlier than before.
    Would share detailed observations later, once I manage to put some more miles in the odo.

Regards,
    Saji
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 5, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 5, 2015 ---
    Thanks to Pradeep for letting me and others know about this update.
    PradeepM, Vishi and prabhjot like this.
  3. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Bad luck. KHT confirmed that the ECU update is not for Pre-facelifted models. :(
    But i still face the jerk issue in 3rd gear around 1800rpm. Next I am thinking of checking the clutch rpm sensor whether its gone wrong.

Is your car new linea?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 5, 2015 ---
    Which dealer are you planning go for. KHT has already put the Low GC for some of the Linea's they may have a better idea.
  4. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Have a doubt is the ECU update done using file flashing method or is it updated directly from the server like windows update.
    Also just noticed today that one of my side window glass on rear right side has the year 2014 printed on it and all the rest are 2015. Is it likely or any foul play by dealer. VIN is May 2015 manufactured. Is it possible to have 2014 year's window glass come on 2015 vehicle. Kindly advice!
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @linea4me

You're being unnecessarily paranoid my friend!;) 2014-2015 makes little or rather no difference in quality for glass AFAIK/AFAIamC, unless it's a rubber part or tyres or a battery etc. So relax.

Fiat/FCA are, as far as I am concerned, eminently trustworthy on matters of this sort.

If you go looking for potential, 'virtual', possible faults and issues, you WILL surely feel like you've found tons of them.....EVEN if there are none in reality, in fact.:p

There is a new, end-2014 Honda City owner on team bhp who, when replacing his seat covers, discovered that the seat foam used was 3-4 years old, and what's more, with workers' footprints all over it: just as a 'counter-factual', that may or may not be relevant in this context.:)

relax, and cheers!
    PradeepM likes this.
  6. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Hi prabhjot,

Today I went to a shop to get the ppf film for the mirrors, and there two guys were asking me from where did u get the vehicle, within how many days did you get the delivery, etc. So I asked him why did he put up questions like this. His reply was he noticed the dates printed on the glasses, and he told that any one who comes to purchase the car when it is being sold first checks the dates on the glasses. He asked me did I meet with an accident after delivery was my glass changed etc. So I got bit tensed. So wanted to confirm that whether any foul play was made my dealer. Or it happens for cars from the factory itself. Also I returned and checked my other cars, but all had the same year printed for all the glasses......
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes . Mine is a new Linea Feb 2015 manufactured.
  8. Dr. Fixated

Dr. Fixated Novizio

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @linea4me I have the same question. Mine is Feb 2015 manufactured. The first service at AV Motors, Hyd, is scheduled for Friday. I will call them tomorrow and try to find out if the ECU update applies.
    PradeepM and linea4me like this.
  9. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    I'm planning to take it up with True Sai Fiat @ Salem. I have inquired in KHT fiat with the service manager Saranappa and he was pretty sure no one has put the low GC suspension set-up. This was when I took the delivery of my T-Jet last year (July 2014). I will re-check with them again though. Thanks.
  10. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Vishi,

Check with them if they are fine to perform the update if you pay them. It costs only Rs 145/-, just give it a try and see if they are fine not sure may be they do not want to cover it under warranty on your machine. Also do push them hard have them acknowledge that this issue is persistent on your car and push them for a solution. They simply cannot wash their hands off by saying update not applicable on pre facelift models.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Saji Babu likes this.