1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @drsantoshms,I agree, I too felt the improvements you mentioned above, in my Avventura after the software update recently carried out at FASS. I have driven it 400 kms after the update though I haven't checked the FE.

Prior to update, I was feeling that the clutch was bit tight but not worth mentioning. After update, the clutch has softened.
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you Doc Saab, for the detailed feedback. You have clocked quite a bit of Km's after we met, my car has been parked most of the times from close to a month and I hope get that odo moving soon.
    With that Coimbatore trip on the cards I see you are all geared up for more fun with your set of wheels in the coming weeks.
    Enjoy :).

I see a possibility that your car would have come with the updated map on the ECU. However I would advice you to still check with FASS when ever you go that way just for a confirmation. From what I understand it would take just about 10-15 min for FASS to determine what S/W version is currently available on your car.

Absolutely not, play around as much as you prefer and have fun :).

Anand,

From what I know this is only applicable for 90HP MJD's.

Thank you Tornado,

@drsantoshms, @BoseSuman kindly update us with your feedback on this aspect as well.

I personally felt the clutch has always been smooth on my car both pre and post the ecu update.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    prabhjot, linea4me and Anand Shankar like this.
  3. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I have a Pre-facelifted Linea but manufactured in 2014. I still face the jerk in 3rd gear around 1800rpm. Will this ECU update be applicable?
  4. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Vishi,

I guess your car too should be eligible for the update. Get the FASS to connect the machine and check for the error post which they will update the ECU.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  5. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Pradeep. Yes will be checking with FASS on this. I spoke to them over phone but they are not sure about it and told me to get the car. Hopefully my car too gets the update.
  6. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Vishi,
    To which dealer in Bangalore you spoke? KHT?

Regards,
  7. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    With KHT Fiat. Right now I am in KHT. they have sent some details to fiat asking whether is my car eligible for the ecu update. Waiting in the customer lounge.
    Also enjoying the fiat abharth thread. :)
    prabhjot, Saji Babu and PradeepM like this.
  8. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Vishi,

As long as it is a 90hp mjd from 2014 it should fit the bill, model does not matter. Anyways lets see what FIAT has to say .

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Vishi and Saji Babu like this.
  9. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    That's cool. Hope you get the update done.
    Please post the updates.
    I am trying to secure a service appointment this weekend.

Regards,
    Saji
  10. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hopefully I get the ecu update. Fingers crossed. I should really thank you for posting it here. If not I would not get to know. Also fiat should send out emails to customers on this.

Sadly they said the reply from fiat will take time and hence I moved out now. I will call them up tomorrow and get the updates.
    PradeepM likes this.