1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Torrid Fiat, in Mumbai seems to be unaware of this update, when I called them. Has Fiat issued a circular to all dealers notifying this update ?
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello vinit,

As far as I know yes the update was sent to all. Also many folks other locations too got it done.

Cheers,
    Pradeep
  3. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    When contacted my dealer in kerala, I was told that they have not received any notification for any ecu update. Also they said they will receive notification from Fiat directly with the chasis no's for the required vehicles.

Also how many KM's should i run in new Linea MJD without crossing 2000RPM.

Any idea on " Pirelli CINTURATO P7" is it better than eagle NCT5 in comfort, I can't find proper information regarding this tyre. All mixed reviews, everyone is talking only about Michelin 3st. Should I change it to Pirelli or hold on NCT5. Kindly advice.
  4. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Guys, can the sunglass holder from the Linea retrofitted into the EVO ? Its a pretty nifty feature, and wonder why Fiat had to omit it. I checked on 99rpm.com its hardly 1.4K for the part.
  5. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @anandshankar, I have got the sunglass holder fitted in my GP. Not sure of Evo. I got this done at KHT
    Anand Shankar and PradeepM like this.
  6. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    All modern engines are pre run and do not need any run in as such. So you can set a run in period in case want to however it's not a mandate.
    Having said that do take care of the idling both before start and stop of the engine to be safe also another advice is not to push the car into turbo zone till the apt temperature is attained, usually takes a run of about 2 km on a normal morning.

On the ECU update you can ask you dealer to call AV Motors in Hyderabad and check regarding the same.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    thanks, the EVO has the grove at the same place so I guess it can be mounted. But was it a messy job to get it done on your car ? any drilling needed ?
  8. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    These are my impressions about the most talked ECU update for 90hp MJD vehicles of 2014 which is to address the jerk issue in certain gears in these cars. I got this update along with our TFI friend Pradeepm on July 14. Post update I have driven close to 1800 kms both on highways and city. If you ask me to describe this update in one word, it is AWESOME. Before start, I want to say this ECU update is for Facelifted linea MJD, Punto Evo 90hp and Avventura MJD.
    1. The jerk issue is now completely fixed and did not resurface so far.
    2. Drivability improved a lot in both city and highway driving conditions. Power delivery is linear and smooth. Turbolag is minimized and felt only when below 1200 rpm and when on inclines.
    3. Clutch usage and frequent need to downshift gears is minimized as the torque feels more pronounced around 1200 rpm compared to the earlier map. You get a feel as if you are in power band all the time.
    4. Overtaking autos and bikes in city is now breeze without the need to downshift. Overtaking can be done on two-lane highways with lot more confidence. One gear downshift and press the pedal and it’s done.
    5. Engine is freely revving up to 3500 rpm without any straining. It’s amazing how fast speeds like 60-70 kmph can be achieved within city driving conditions. On the highways, midrange performance is as good as before. I got no opportunity to check top end performance above 130 kmph. Engine hoarseness is first felt after 130 kmph in fifth gear. At this time, you will get a feel that a sixth gear is sorely missed.
    6. NVH levels have improved unbelievably. At low rpm engine is super silent and at high rpms there will be pleasant engine purring noise. Only other noise will be tire grinding noise.
    7. Last but not least, fuel efficiency improved significantly. For my daily commutes within the city I used to get about 14 kmpl before update. After update I am getting consistent 16-17 kmpl. Highway mileage also improved by 2 kmpl.
    My advice to all 2014 90hp MJD owners who want to go for remapping blaming MJD is sluggish is, first get this update and I am sure most of you may not consider remapping again.
    Fiat instructed all its service centers to do ECU update for all the above said vehicles. AV motors is doing this update for all these vehicles at the time of free services. Till now they did update for 20 vehicles. For older vehicles with 90hp MJD, this update is not applicable.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  9. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Mine is 2015 may manufactured Linea MJD emotion, even I did not feel the turbo lag which I felt on all test drives linea's which I had done prior my purchase. I feel the power delivery is lot smoother like linear fashion than all the TD Linea's I drove. Also didn't feel the sever lag at low RPM on 2nd gear. Even I got ACA 18.9 maintaining speeds 80-90KMPH when my car is just 600Km. Does all these mean my car has this update, the dealer is confidently saying that they have not received notification for the update.

Also is using cruise control in repeated on and off fashion any bad?
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Are these updates only for the 90Hp MJDs ? Is there any change on the 75hp ones as well ?