1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Pradeep,
    Thanks. You are right that higher GC is a must in our country. My T-JET has 190mm GC which is bit too high for my liking. I wanted to change it to 170mm set-up when my car was new. However the SA advised me to drive it for an year as I would be wasting a brand new set-up that comes with 3 year warranty whereas a replacement would give me only 6 months warranty on the suspension. It made sense. However I want to try the 170mm set-up now given that I have completed 20K KMs / 11 months. I'll keep the 190 mm GC suspension kit with me and will revert to it in case I find 170mm set-up to be problematic or not good to my liking.

I'll send you a PM. Please send your friends details and I'll talk to him.
    Cheers,
    Mahesh

Linea_Infotainment.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 28, 2015 ---
    I was replying to this message with the Fiat infotainment picture from Autocar but it merged to the previous post.

Referring to the picture, looks like the infotainment can be retrofitted (if at all possible) only to the new Lineas / Puntos.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    Saji Babu and prabhjot like this.
  2. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Wondering if that infotainment unit in the special edition (Elegante) serves as a reverse parking screen?

I don't know how this look, will look in real with those punto alloys and the body kit, but the original linea and even the facelift look classy. To me, anything additional will just spoil the looks of the Linea (like some do not like the facelift at all).

Black roof , hmm, does it mean that the special edition will be only offered in white color?

If they are indeed making it look sporty , they should have given black interiors, which does not seem to be the case looking at the seats or the dashboard in the pics :(

So with the addition of :
    - body kit (looks awful from the pics)
    - black roof
    - Infotainment system
    - + some minor tit bits
    - (less chrome, black grill)
    they will increase the price by X?
    The current emotion variant is already selling with 50K gift cheque and 30K exchange bonus.

Is that a camera on the bumper in this pic:

View attachment 81840
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 28, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 28, 2015 ---
    Found some links that seem to be exactly the same HU as scooped :

Reverse parking at 4:53 here
    nibedk likes this.
  3. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Found some links that seem to be exactly the same HU as scooped :

Reverse parking at 4:53 here
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Today they tried changing the tyres and still the issue persisted. So at last all the four suspension was changed and the issue got resolved.
    Tornado and prabhjot like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Pretty likeable, pretty tasteful, and yet pretty pizzaz-y changes/additions, though the current Linea Emotion alloys are the best bar none even in the d-segment (Octavia, Jetta, Corolla....)

Delighted to see them use the occasion of the FiatAbarth t-jet launches to also still push (whatever the sales results) the Linea too.

Might, if possible, get one or three of these things added to my 2014 new Linea! Am keen enough on the new, re-detailed front bumper+grill...., especially.
  6. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Great to know. Thanks for the update.

Can you please provide more details on which components have been changed and why? Were they defective? Hope they were taken care under warranty.
    The Punto wheels look out of place on the Linea. It would be great if Fiat brings the updated version available in the international market.

Maruthi is bringing the 1.6 MJD engine on the Suzuki S-Cross which is launching in India on Aug 5th. If Fiat plonks in the Linea it will be icing on the cake.
    + the Automatic gear box.

I'm dreaming :rolleyes:
  7. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    They said that it might be any one of the 4--- suspension which was causing the issue, as they did not want to try one buy one, they changed all the four and the difference was immediately noticeable. Attaching a photo of the item I was shown which was changed for reference from olx.
    But I can confidently say that my 2009 Ford Ikon suspension is lot better compared to my Fiat Linea for low to medium speeds. High speeds I have not driven my Linea so can't comment on it. Also Ford Ikon with hydraulic steering driven around 165kph was always composed and only the brakes was the doubtful one. But Linea's braking is in a different league and full confidence inspiring.

olx.jpg
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    YES, there is some difference in suspension turning & this is why fiat doesn't allow Emotion alloys set upgrade for dynamic, And if done outside car warranty is void.

[QUOTE="linea4me, post: 841941996,]
    But I can confidently say that my 2009 Ford Ikon suspension is lot better compared to my Fiat Linea for low to medium speeds. High speeds I have not driven my Linea so can't comment on it. Also Ford Ikon with hydraulic steering driven around 165kph was always composed. [/QUOTE]

oh! that means you have not driven the low GC Linea, people call out 'Magic carpet ride '.And converting High GC Linea in to low GC Linea is very much possible IMO.

Anyways, what's icon'S GC?
  9. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    oh! that means you have not driven the low GC Linea, people call out 'Magic carpet ride '.And converting High GC Linea in to low GC Linea is very much possible IMO.

Anyways, what's icon'S GC?[/QUOTE]
    I have not driven the older Linea with low gc, ikon ground clearance is 167, but it never scrapped till date with full road on Kerala's potholes filled roads. Ikon was designed in India for Indian roads.

A query:
    I feel vibrations passing on the Linea steering wheel when the car is idle at signals. If I turn off the AC it reduces a lot, but still can feel engine vibrations on steering on idle. But once when it starts moving nothing is felt. Is it common to all linea's or any fault on my car.
  10. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    I think mild steering vibration is common to the diesels on idle.