1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    It is still pretty much a plastic with more like a painted surface. It does have very nice touch and feel to it. I will probe more and get to know about this.

I don't think either of these would be available with the dealership as paid accessories. The foot well lights is not a tough to get done, but the glove box might be a little tricky.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its not fabric, but feels like that.
    It was plastic (no leather), but with high quality.
    2 people like this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Great review Krishna! And nice pictures too.
    Comparing the old and the new Linea side by side, one gets a feeling that the old one has an aggressive face whereas the new one has a softened look. :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Superb review Krishna. The comparison, between its predecessor and others in the market, will give a clear vision to buyers. I am thinking of telling my friends to go through this review once who are interested to buy this beauty. Personally liked the new Linea looks. It's more updated than the old classy one. May be I have watched the same Linea for 5 years, that results the new Linea a fresh look to me.
    Hope this will turn fortunes of Fiat India.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    4 people like this.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks guys. That clears it up for me. The cars at the expo had a fabric at this place as seen in the photo I uploaded. Fabric would have been prone to get dirty easily and I was hoping that this would be changed to atleast leather, if not plastic. Even leather would have needed care/maintenance. Plastic solves all such hassles. :)
  6. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Thanks nkrishnap and TFI for the fantastic review:thumbup: The new linea is a good package and Fiat should really market it properly to ensure decent sales. Nobody can crib about the interiors now, thank God (Fiat):D.

But could not find any mention of the launch in newspapers:mad:

Sent from my iris504Q using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great Review krishna , Hats off for the great work :clap

nice comparison too. Dashboard is much improved , exterior looks classy. 1.6 MJD under the hood and auto gear box, Fiat must look into, I am sure this would make a large difference in their sales.
    1 person likes this.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thats Fiat for you. Nothing in the new papers about the launch or the pricing. If this was any of the Japanese or the Korean. A full page would have been there and that spam would continue for a few days :A

Yes, the 1.6 MJD would definitely have been the segment bench mark if it was launched. They will need to assemble the engine here to make it any where near cost competitive.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
    3 people like this.
  9. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Wow, what a review Krishna. Crisp, precise, detailed and more importantly honest and straight from the heart :D

As mentioned by you and others, Fiat should have provided the 1.6 MJD mill under the hood. When they were able to plonk a 1.9 ltr mill under the hood of a small tank, the humble Palio 1.9, decade or so ago, why can't they plonk a 1.6 MJD inside the hood of a big tank like the Linea?

The new LED turn indicators on the OVRMs look uber cool, I wonder if I can get them fitted onto my GP :)

Once again, awesome review; enjoyed every bit of it !!!

Great job.

Regards
    2 people like this.
  10. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    This might be off topic, but did the birdie tell you anything about the launch dates of the facelifted punto? :-D :-D
    2 people like this.