1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Which Michelin tire he is offering? If it is primacy 3 ST then it is a good deal. I had paid 24K in exchange of my Goodyear tires which have run 2000 KMs. So for the price it is definitely worth. However the absolute money in terms of tire upgrade that you have to spend is a personal call that you will need to make.

Other thing you can do is to check with the dealer on what would be his buy back price if you come back after say you run 2000 KMs. You should still be able to fetch Rs. 10000. If that small loss (1K) is okay to you, then run the car for 1500 - 2000 KMs. The car may settle down to your liking and you may not need to go for upgrade at all.

On a separate topic, I want to check if the new Lineas have lost some weight. During my last service I went and checked the new cars on display and felt the doors to be no-so-heavy as mine. The sales person on the floor said the new cars have definitely lost some weight but I'm not sure how much I can go by his saying. Need to check the kerb weight of 2013 / 2014 / 2015 models to confirm. Any feedback here fellow members?

Cheers,
    Mahesh
  2. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    The tyres he is offering is the primacy 3st and Pirelli Cinturato P7. Any idea on Pirelli P7?
    Regarding the weight of the doors, I did not feel any difference. There was a classic model lying in the showroom, but did not feel any difference on weight of the doors. Also read in few reviews that the weight has been increased on new model due to the length increase of bumpers.
  3. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Sorry, but I do not have first hand experience with Pirelli. Other members who are using Pirelli may be able to offer advice here.

I was offered by my tire dealer as well as they were good tires at a slightly lower price compared to the Michelin. I have tried to read the reviews for few days; Both are comparable to each other, however I found more reviews in favor of Michelin Primacy. Often they were referred as comfort tires with added performance providing supple and planted ride. So, I took a call to go ahead with Michelin.
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Mahesh,

As captured in the first page of this thread the New Linea is heavier than its previous version.

weight-jpg.60357.jpg
    Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  5. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Pradeep. I see the same on Fiat site too. Just goes to show the knowledge of Fiat sales guy who was very confident about the weight reduction :)

Linea_Specs.JPG
    PradeepM likes this.
  6. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    I have also got this ECU update specifically done during the recent Camp for my Linea mjd Emotion 2014. I too experienced it from the start(Aug 2014), but couldnt get it rectified. (mentioned in my post - http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/the-white-hulk-linea-mjd-emotion-2014.12561/page-3 #30)

I observe that in lower RPMs in 3rd Gear, the driveability has improved. There is no jerk observed in 3rd and 4th Gear till now(in 3 days).
    But have to check more particularly close to half tank and to reserve fuel level, as I have noticed driveability changes at these fuel marks. Will update. I will still trying to find any differences in other gears due to this ECU Update.

Thanks @PradeepM for providing this useful info.

- CM
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    PradeepM and Saji Babu like this.
  7. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Mahesh,

I somehow feel for our roads 185mm GC is better than the previous GC which is known to scrape almost every speed breaker with half the load. I know there is some compromise on the ride but from what I know the car still sticks and handles like a pro even with the 185mm GC.

Having said that I know someone who has recently switched his car's previous GC to the higher one and I am sure he is still having the old one with him. If interested you can talk to him and may be you guys can strike a deal for a win win situation.

Let me know if you are interested and pm me your contact details so that I can share his details with you.

Cheers,
    PradeepM
  9. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  10. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I still think there is a difference between the GC of Dynamic & Emotion version. Let me give you some more insight. The spare tyre that FIAT has provided for my emotion variant linea is 195/65/R15. I then went and checked with tyrestore.in the difference between 205/55/R16 & 195/65/R15 which is a only 0.41

upload_2015-7-28_21-12-0.png

Now the difference between 205/55/R16 & 195/60/R15 is a -2.61

upload_2015-7-28_21-13-45.png

This clearly proves that either Dynamic variant should be lesser than 185mm or emotion variant should be more than 185mm.
    Please correct me if i am wrong.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 28, 2015 ---
    or is the suspension tweaked for dynamic variant to match up the -ve -2.69 difference?
    Tornado likes this.