1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    It is for the facelifted models from 2014 onwards.
  2. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The new linea Broucher mentions that for MJD the ground clearance is 185mm I am assuming that this is for the emotion variant with 205/55/R16 tyres.
    Now What is the GC for Linea dynamic version with 195/60/R15? It should be lesser than 185mm right? Or have they raised the suspension more in dynamic variant to maintain 185mm GC.
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Vishi,

The suspension has been changed and so even the active variant now has 185mm GC.
    You can find full details on the dynamic version in the link below.

http://www.teamfiat.com/index.php?threads/13852/

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  4. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM ,

Thanks for the details. But my question is if active variant is 185mm GC then emotion variant should be higher right with 205/55/R16?
    But the broucher does not mention about it.
  5. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    I have taken delivery of new linea emotion on 23.7.2015 at Kerala, the new vehicle is having very bouncy feeling inside. It's feeling like travelling in old maruthi 800 with suspension problem. I reported the issue with the service. They said it may be due to incorrect air pressure, but I had even filled nitrogen the next day morning after delivery of the car. I immediately felt the bouncy feeling after taking delivery and while taking to church for blessing. I thought it may be due to high air pressure, but even after filling nitrogen the same issue persisted. I took the car to the service they said it may be due to wrong air pressure and when checked it was normal 32 psi was made for all tyres still the same bouncy effect. They told the suspension needs to changed and checked if it is the cause. The suspension will arrive on Monday from another showroom of the same dealer. Is the suspension same for the old model and the new 2015 linea. Also kindly share your thoughts what could be the cause for this brand new linea 2 days old car.
  6. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Is it Multijet Emotion? Also, does it come with Goodyear tires? I had the same issue when my T-JET was new. It was not due to the suspension but was due to the hard Goodyear tires. I had changed the tires to Michelin Primacy 3 ST (bit expensive though, 10K per tire) and the drive has been super smooth since then. If your budget allows, go for the tire upgrade. You will get good exchange price for the stock tires when they are new.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @linea4me, get the air pressure and suspension checked. Also, air pressure for TJet is 36 in front tyres and 33 at rear. Generally, car bounces if pressure is more and not less. For MJD, it would be probably be the same or check the manual. My TJet also has goodyear tyres but they are not a source of bounciness. Suspension could be the cause for your issue.
  8. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Is there any thread on TFI, where we can hate FCA?
    I want to hate them providing the MSIL's Scross with 1.6 MJD with 118PS Power & 320 Nm torque and not providing the same for Linea.
    prabhjot and kunwar.g like this.
  10. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat is clever. They will test the engine first with the Marutis and the Tatas (who provide them enough numbers) and once established, they will put that into their own cars :)
    prabhjot likes this.