1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    @Saket Sidana I have already called the customer care, they are taking the issue to the Dealer. Car is lying at the workshop in Kashyap Noida since Sunday. So finally I made the call to FIAT Customer Care. Let us see what happens tomorrow.
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Vaibhav Rawat, I have faced minor niggles in my TJet. Whenever I face an issue, I always write to Fiat India and keep the dealer/workshop where I'm about to take my car in cc. This has paved well for me and workshop manager even suggesting me not to write to Fiat in case the resolution they provided does not work out to my satisfaction. This keeps them on their toes. However, I do make sure to maintain cordial relationship with the manager and the technicians that work on my vehicle. I would suggest not to lose your cool, I know it's difficult when you know you got stranded, but may be it would help.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Vaibhav Rawat

Hi. Is it the fuel pump again? Bad fuel is not good, and even one episode of adulterated fuel can mess up a lot of things, not just the pump or just the fuel filter. It will need a thorough checkup. The t-jet, like other european turbopetrols needs good fuel, in fact they, like the Ecoboost from Ford and TSi from VW/Skoda ideally require 'premium' petrol in Europe and the US, let alone here.

I would not curse fiat or the t-jet yet, IF it turns out they're blameless and you're sure the whole 'panga' is due to the first (and another?) bad fuel episode. Because almost all ownership reports of the t-jet are very positive about the engine and the car, if not always of the ASS quality. What you're reporting (2 consecutive long-trip engine power loss episodes) is very exceptional.

And so: please get the engine fully flushed out. Did they do that the first time around, they SHOULD have?! @asimpleson may have more expert details on that?

Please try say Shell fuel or 'premium' petrol or at least a COCO petrol pump, then test it out. Fuel filter should be cleaned or replaced? Sensors cleaned or replaced? etc?

You may have to change the pump(s) at which you get your petrol: preferably you should tank up in delhi ONLY and not in notorious Uttar Pradesh. A wagonR petrol engine's several generations older and simpler than a modern (turbo)petrol like the t-jet: dodgy fuel is and will remain (probable) really-bad news for such an engine.

cheers, all the best, do post updates!
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot not an expert bro, although more like keen observer of Fiat. ;)

@Vaibhav Rawat can you please start posts of any issues since beginning, so other prospective Tjet owners can selectively read about this issue. This thread has a slight different intent.

Mods. please shift problem/issue related posts to different section/thread.
  5. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    @asimpleson Am still figuring how to start a new article.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Got a chance to test drive City iDTEC and new Linea MJD back to back, for a colleague.
    First drove City and then Linea last Wednesday (17 June).
    City is too noisy with vague steering (though better than Verna ?) and engine strains when pushed. Turbo is linear. Bumpy on bad roads. No throwing around the corners. Decent ride and features. They say it is spacious, but I had push the front seats way back so as to find some space for me (6ft+). It is good for those sedate mileage demanding guys who would want it to help them reach from A to B. Pushed the City for about 8kms and it returned a mileage of 12.3 km/l as per their MID (#1).

Then then got out of this can and then hopped in to Linea, which was waiting for us.
    I was comparing with my prev gen Linea. Some how got a feeling that the steering wheel was short. The hand rest is shorter and I find it as a big convenience. I could not find Trip B. The SA was not very professional. The car did not even have the setting of mileage in km/l. I changed it. Took the same route and similar driving style, it showed 13.5 km/l on the MID. Plus, the similar stuff: superior steering feedback, handling, ride, braking and feeling safe in a tank.
    Plus, Linea was being offered at about 1L discount (60000 discount, 30000 exchange bonus, 10000(max) corporate discount).
    Confirmed to myself again that Linea is THE best car in the segment.

(#1). An interesting discussion with Honda SA followed after the MID data. I told that the average mileage for that kind of drive would be about 12~13km/l or so. Honda SA was adamant that the actual mileage would be about 5 km/l more. How much ever I tried to explain (including asking him to go for a tankful to tankful method), he would not agree. Got pissed off, complained to their customer care manager that the SA needs training. Follow up calls from Honda stopped immediately.
  7. rusmanpurkar

rusmanpurkar Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello,
    Can someone confirm if the eco:Drive comes pre-built / pre-installed with the New Lines 2014 Facelift model?

Thank you
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Mate,

There is no eco drive installed on the 2014 MJDz however the car comes with instant consumption option on the MID which can assist to you drive better in regards to FE.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Saji Babu likes this.
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello All,

FIAT has released a new ECU update to address the shudder/jerk usually experienced in gear 3. I got the ECU update done today at AV moors here in Hyderabad and I the issue has been addressed.
    From my conversation with the GM - Service at AV motors he mentioned that FIAT has issued a circular to have the S/W update done across all the 2014 90HP engines hence all the 2014 Linea's and 90 HP Punto's would receive this ECU update mostly when they come in for service. If somebody wants to get this addressed immediately please call any FASS for a quick appointment and you can get this done in flat 10-15 min, its free of cost & covered under warranty.
    Post the software update I did observe something very interesting, the drive-ability of the car seems to have improved. In simple words the turbo lag seems to have minimized and I did feel that the car was pulling fine in gear 3 where earlier I had to downshift to gear 2 and I observed similar behavior between gear 3 & 4.
    Please do not expect any miracles as its the same 1.3 MJD and the ECU update would not do any wonders to make it sprint friendly or pull like a train at lower rpm's, however Iam sure you would observe a significant change in the drive-ability.

PS : Details and experience updated on my ownership thread.

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/the-new-linea-2014.13852/page-15#post-841940215

Cheers,
    pradeep.
    Prashant Teki, prabhjot and avithe1 like this.
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Is this for 2012 Model Linea as well?