1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations for your new ride @sPangasa ! Hope you have thousands of trouble-free kms! :)
    sPangasa likes this.
  2. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats!! Enjoy the ride.
    Please post pics when you get a chance.

Regards,
    sPangasa likes this.
  3. Apoorva Gupta

Apoorva Gupta Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Linea is awesome sedan, the drive-ability, ride & handling is ashtonishing. I hope you will enjoy every moment of its drive....Happy & safe driving...Enjoy the Fiat hood....with Linea.
    sPangasa likes this.
  4. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Missing problem has resurfaced. Right now in Almora and dont know what to do now.
  5. ravi_linea

ravi_linea Timido

Delhi
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thats awful @Vaibhav Rawat. Sorry to hear that you are having problems.

I have read about the Linea T-Jet "losing power" issue quite a few times now, even in some older ownership posts and I wonder if this is a common issue with Linea. :-(
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @ravi_linea

It's NOT an issue of any sort with the Linea: 'losing power' is the most vague description, and so pretty much anything can count (from dirty fuel and bad fuel pump which is what @Vaibhav_Rawat has faced to a loose contact or a coolant deficit or a leaking pipe/plumbing), which is why you might've encountered it a few times reading reports.

There may be an issue with gear shifts/weak powerspot at certain rpm-s on some mjd-s on the newest cars: 2 or 3 such reports have come, and that is a 'new' incidence IF it is, statistically, happening frequently, which is doubtful.

Internet reports are NOT statistically AT ALL representative, so......I wouldn't worry in the least, speaking from years of experience with the Linea(petrols, t-jet)+Punto(diesel) here. In any case an issue is an issue....so as long as FASS sort it out well, doesn't really matter.

cheers
  7. ravi_linea

ravi_linea Timido

Delhi
    Fiat Enthusiast
  8. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    I dont care about statistics. I only care about my car. My car should serve me well when I am in jungles, mountains, highways or anywhere for that matter. If a 3-lakh rupee, 7 year old WagonR can move continuously for 500kms which includes the harshest terrains in India, including steep slopes with full load, then why is mighty T-Jet failing to do so??? I have taken T-Jet twice on long trips and same issue has occurred again and again. And I can tell, it feels miserable to be stranded in middle of nowhere, with jungle all around, temperature dipping. I really dont know if FASS will be able to solve the issue or not, but I am scared to take my car again on a long trip in near future. The whole excitement of buying THE LINEA T-JET has died down and am feeling embarrassed on insisting my father into buying a FIAT.
    ravi_linea likes this.
  9. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Vaibhav Rawat, this is sad to hear. I would suggest following up with Fiat through emails and getting this escalated to other persons in their organization. If you are interested, PM me and I would share some email IDs with you. Let's try and make your purchase a successful one.
  10. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Vaibhav Rawat
    I understand how miserable it feels to be stranded on the road in middle of a journey with family and luggage for the same issue again and again. I feel this may be due to blunder in finding the appropriate problem by the service team of Fiat. Relaibility is not an issue with Fiat cars, but these service people may not be reliable. Pity the way, such a well designed and well thought machine is taken care of.