1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot
    Generally we fill our car from BPCL or HP oil pumps and avoid IOC pumps. But on that unfortunate day, fuel was not available at HP pump in Kathgodam and we had to refill at IOC pump which my father always avoided previously. And soon after few 40odd kms, problem started occurring.
    But now I think everything is fine. I am waiting for another long trip to test the car.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Everyone.. Greetings. This is my first post on this forum even though I have been reading a lot of stuff here every then and now and I am whole heartedly thankful to everyone who have been posting so much important information that many of us (like me) don't know and don't have an answer for. I am looking to gain much knowledge from here and share it back in some form in the coming time.

I am also going to take delivery of Linea MJD Emotion - Minimal Grey tomorrow. The VIN assigned is MCAXXXXXXXYYYYYYYCHZ which I think is March 2015 as per the thread on VIN. Have also got a copy of the PDI thread with me and will be following the same tomorrow. Even though I enjoy and love driving, I am not too good when it comes to technicalities... will still try to do my best during the PDI. Will share all the details soon. Any last minute suggestions are welcome.

Note: Not sure if this is the right place to put the very first post. Please feel free to move/delete/modify the post if required.

Thanks.
    Excelerate, pabhishek and prabhjot like this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @sPangasa

Hello, and good to have you here. And soon your Linea too, a splendid choice you're likely to appreciate yourself for making, a couple of years down the line.:) What colour is it and which dealer have you patronised, Oberoi? Do post an ownership thread, by and by, and in any case keep the posts coming.

cheers
    sPangasa likes this.
  4. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot

Thanks sir. I am getting the car from Kashyap Fiat. Initially went for a test drive at Oberoi Noida, they dint have any linea at all on display and the TD vehicle was in a pathetic condition. Also had read some real bad reviews for them here so gave them a skip. Also tried torque motors in Gurgaon but that was just to have couple of friend in Ggn get a feel of the car. Finally zeroed on Kashyap. Will share the experience in details once I lay my hands on the Italian beauty.

As for the color, it is Minimal Grey/Silver.

Thanks.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Good Luck @sPangasa. Yes, one of my friends told me yesterday that Oberoi Fiat is winding down the Sales function. I am not sure if they would continue with servicing. Perhaps, they would, let's see.
    For Kashyap, make sure that you get the quote what the sales person would have talked to you about. In my case with them, they increased the price in the formal quote after all negotiations were done. And I didn't go with them.
    sPangasa likes this.
  6. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks @Saket Sidana for the information. Yes, and I think some of employees at Oberoi have also moved to other dealers like Kashyap.
    Yes, i will take the delivery only on what was quoted and considering that they have already caused a lot of delay I am going to push them for some discounts/accessories. There is no way I am going to pay more than what they quoted. I love the car but will cancel in case they increase the price.
  7. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There are rumors being spread that oberoi is closing its function and these are mostly being spread by Kashyap. Believe me fiat offers good discount and Kashyap does not pass it on to customer.If you are good bargainer you will walk away with peice of cake from Oberoi. For past few months Oberoi is having a heavy financial crunch due to some losses.None of the employ has joined kashyap yet few have left oberoi but they are coming back. As far as technical competence in form of Sales information of the vehicle and ability to diagnose the problem during servicing is concerned they are much superior as compared to kashyap. If you see infrastucture and inventory stock of parts then kashyap is way too ahead of Oberoi.
    so make a balance between the sale and serice and you will always be in a win win position.
  8. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for providing your inputs @KKAUL. For me piece of mind matters more. And the quote I got from Oberoi and Kashyap were almost same. I know a person personally who left oberoi and joined kashyap. I am not against oberoi or in favour of Kashyap but just putting whatever I know. I dont have any insider information on the rumours and all and frankly speaking i don't even care about the rumours. I hope both of them do good and have a customer centric approach.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 21, 2015 ---
    So today I got my beautiful Italian lady :) Went for a PDI in the morning. She had just 22 Kms on the ODO with the "H" symbol. Checked the VIN number and all and it was the same that was sent to me over email. March 2015 model.

The tyres had the spikes on them intact. All the tyres are Goodyear but the Spare is Apollo. Not sure why? Is it normal? When I checked with dealer he told me it is normal and even showed the same on another display vehicle.

Took the delivery in late afternoon and made her mine.

I will be creating a thread over weekend with the complete buying thought process, dealership experience and my feelings for her with some photos.

One query: I have been driving a petrol, a Matiz (yes you read it right:)) for last 14 years and while driving over speed-breakers etc never had to switch to first gear. How do you guys do it on your MJD linea? I know it will take some time getting used to the diesel but as of now i sometimes felt that I need to switch to even 1st gear while going over a speed breaker.
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
    Dr. Fixated, Saji Babu and prabhjot like this.
  9. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @sPangasa. Share some pics of the beauty.

Yes, it's the case with Linea. The spare is Apollo make and same is the case with my TJet . I had checked it with Fiat India also.
    sPangasa likes this.
  10. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you. Relieved to hear that. Will be uploading the pics over weekend. Haven't done any photo-shoot yet.