1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Received the car on 17th April, and today me and my father took it for its first real ride, from Ghaziabad to Almora. Everything was going great till Haldwani. Took the car at 130kmph easily, checked it at the corners, it behaved superbly. Everything was as expected, but then an unexpected thing happened. We refilled the tank at IOCL outlet, Kathgodam. And after that our misery began, power began to lose and finally we have stopped our car in a small town called, Dhanachooli, few kilometers from Almora, waiting for RSA to arrive. What began with a big bang first half, went straight to the south in next half. Good thing about owning Fiat, two Fiat owners stopped to help us, though of not any help, it was assuring what they said about their cars. Hoping everything will be resolved soon.

P_20150502_163858.jpg

P_20150502_163756.jpg
    varoon9999 likes this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Vaibhav Rawat

Do post a follow-up report? Bad fuel? Causing a malfunctioning fuel pump?
  3. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Similar issue observed in my brother's Grande Punto. Gave the car to Balaji FIAT, Thane. Shall post the updates once i hear from my brother...
  4. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    @mangeshtendulkar
    Car was scanned on OBD and it gave two errors, both related to engine.
    http://www.obd-codes.com/p0175
    I think this link gives the basic idea of one of the two errors. Problem was solved by cleaning the spark plugs and once again OBD scan was run. It came normal. For now, car is behaving as it should. I am just hoping that the problem does not show up again when we take it for another mountain ride.
    @prabhjot There was no relation to bad fuel.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @2014, MJD owners,
    One of my known person is booking the Emotion at Jay Vijay Fiat Pune.
    AFA, PDI is concerned, he has two questions.
    Is the spare wheel also alloy?
    And is it same 16 inch size or undersized as found in some brands?
  6. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    its not alloy, but having same size as others.
  7. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    In new linea emotion, the spare wheel is 15 inch normal wheel (not alloy) whereas other wheels are 16 inch alloy.
  8. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    The spare wheel is a 15" steel wheel and comes with a 195/65/15 tyre.

The alloys are 16" and come with 205/55/16 tyres.

Apparently the profile of the 15" tyres is 0.1" higher than the 16" !
    dadasaheb likes this.
  9. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Issue is finally resolved. Oberoi Fiat was not able to resolve the issue, but Kashyap Fiat solved it. Issue was due to bad fuel and fuel pump was replaced under warranty. Finally, Tjet is back home and feeling relaxed.:)
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Vaibhav Rawat

Would you believe I once had a severe adulterated fuel episode with my Palio Stile 4 years ago after filling from a COCO pump in Vasant Vihar, i.e., 'high end' South Delhi?

Please be vigilant about fuel quality from different pumps, especially before embarking on a long trip. There are strong, good tips on the quality of different pump stations along any long distance route you take, here and on other internet locations. This is essential, fuel quality is very uneven in India at the best of times.

cheers