1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Ashish Kumar likes this.
  2. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    @Ashish Kumar - Please accept my envy. That's all I can say. Which colour is it ? SB Gold ?

@Rajnish K Jain - fantastic photos sir. Ghat roads and powerful engines are like made for each other. ANd with T jet, it is real nirvana.
    Ashish Kumar likes this.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations @Ashish Kumar for the tjet! It's damn worth the wait!

Please start an ownership thread along with lots of interior and exterior pics.
    Ashish Kumar likes this.
  4. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Congratulations @Ashish Kumar

SB Gold looks beautiful. Happy moments and safe miles.

Share your experiences and pics.
    Ashish Kumar likes this.
  5. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks a ton @Murphy_Fiat, @Saket Sidana, @kgramesh, @pabhishek and @nbvcrao. @kgramesh yes thats a Sunbeam gold. @pabhishek sure will post. Took the Linea out for a spin last night from Juhu to Marine Drive via the Worli Sea link. Excellent ride and handling. Actually there was a big jam on the marine drive and guess what - was getting a lot of stares from the car passengers. In fact, my wife asked me is the door open or anything different that every other person was staring at our car. For a moment I was also taken aback then checked everything and told her perhaps its the attraction of the Linaa that has caught the attention of the Mumbaikars. Afterall, there is hardly any one can see on Mumbai roads, especially the 2014 facelift version. Even if one does manage to, SB gold is still rarer:). Those glances made me proud of my decision. Although too early to say. Still have to sort out few issues especially those pertaining to having my VIN corrected at RTO. Friends, just wanted a few advice -
    1. I had made full payment of 9.92 lakh on Jan 1, 2015. I got the delivery only on March 14, 2015. Can I seek a compensation for the delay.
    2. The value of the car quoted to RTO appears to be 8.61 lakh (assuming 9% road tax for Mumbai on the ex-showroom price). The exshowroom price quoted to me was Rs. 9.28 lakh. Any way to arm-twist the dealer in getting a refund.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Ashish Kumar for your queries-
    1. May be you can request them to take care of the interest paid on loan for these month if you have taken one. But as you said , delay happened due to RTO, I doubt they will oblige.
    2. Some fellow mumbaikars can check their final invoice and update how was the taxation done. For me taxation was done on ex showroom price - 8.9 lac which includes local body tax - levied in Pune . The same price was quoted to me too, by the dealer.
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. Rajnish K Jain

Rajnish K Jain Timido

Bhopal
    Bhopal
    Linea T-Jet
    BHOPAL to DELHI in a Linea T jet emotion along Betwa, Chambal & Yamuna River
    Recently, I did a long travel in my Fiat Linea T Jet emotion from Bhopal to Gurgaon and back. Departed from Bhopal on 1st April evening, took a break at Kurwai after 136 kms. After night halt, started onward journey on 2nd April. Visited Devgarh Jain tirth which is 30 Kms from Lalitpur. There are very nice ancient temples on a hill in the forest area on the banks of Betwa river. A really calm and serene place in the forest ! Road throughout is very good especially from Malthone to Jhansi it is newly built in green forest area four lane highway ! A pleasure to drive. there are two dams and big reservoirs on Betwa river enroute.
    Then proceeded to Orchha near Jhansi, which is on the banks of Betwa river. It has ancient palaces, temples and Chatris in a very serene and gracious atmosphere. on the other side of the river is forest area. A beautiful place ! Road is double lane & good.
    Again proceeded in the evening to Sonagiri which is 50 Kms away towards Delhi. There are marvellous Jain Temples in Sonagiri. Visited Datia fort and Pitambara Shakti Peeth enroute. After overnight stay at Sonagiri in a dharmshala, Visited Temples in the evening. Road is being four laned but two lanes are ready and good.
    next day proceeded to Gurgaon, via Gwalior, Agra through national highway. Could not enjoy Yamuna express way as I had to go to Gurgaon, which is longer by this route. Road is four lane and good, but a heavy and mad traffic from Agra to Gurgaon. Almost all the places have bye pass roads esp in Gwalior, Agra so could avoid the city traffic. Stayed one day in Gurgaon and returned back by the same route. Took a break in Agra and visited Tajmahal. Reached Bhopal on 7th April morning. 20150402_101025[1].jpg
    This journey (800x2=1600 kms) in the T Jet was really comfortable and enjoyable !

20150402_101305[2].jpg

20150402_101754[1].jpg

20150402_101836[1].jpg

20150402_102511[2].jpg

20150402_165342[1].jpg

20150402_165426[2].jpg

20150402_170158[1].jpg

20150402_180543[1].jpg

20150402_171855[1].jpg

20150402_171912[1].jpg

20150402_183437[1].jpg

20150405_170007[2].jpg

20150405_170933[1].jpg
  8. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Nice photos there!
    Could you please share bit more on how the T-Jet performed during this trip.
  9. Rajnish K Jain

Rajnish K Jain Timido

Bhopal
    Bhopal
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks. The performance of T jet is awesome ! I could cruze up to 140 kph at empty stretches between lalitpur- Jhansi safely. No bumps, jerks etc even on some bad stretches, only keep the spped low. No tiredness even after 4-5 hrs of driving at a stretch. You really enjoy driving linea when you get empty stretches to cruze. Wonderful experience !
  10. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 8, 2015 ---
    Sounds great!