1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Posting in this thread again..

I recently brought a Linea mjd and the car has done 2.8K kms
    I did two trips. One trip was fully on NH7 and covered about 1300kms and the other was mix of NH7 and State highways and covered about 1100kms.
    In both the trips I felt the ride to be pretty bumpy and not the planted feel I used to get in my Punto90HP which is having pre-2012 suspension set up and felt very tired as well. Even small undulations can be felt inside. We were three of us in the car with a fully loaded boot but even then I felt the ride to be harsh. In both my cars I have Michelin Primacy 3ST tyres

Now what could be the reasons. I have listed a few but not sure which one :)
    • Increased GC 185MM
    • 16inch with 205/55/R16 tyres. In Punto I had 195/60/R15
    • Tyre pressure maintained at 36 in the front and 33 at the rear as per FIAT recommendation
    I have heard from other TFIans that 195/60/R15 has more ride comfort that 205/55/16. Is this true?
    If I change the suspension to the pre-2012, will I get a better ride quality with 205/55/16 or should I change the tyres to 205/60/R16?
    Any suggestions will be of great help.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Vishi , Its the combination of all 3.

Here you are comparing it to Punto with low GC, which was obviously much better in ride and handling due to lesser centre of gravity and higher profile tyre(60-punto vs 55- Linea).

As i have not driven pre 2012 Fiats, my 2014 linea seems to have a magic carpet ride to me as compared to my earlier indica/800. Its all about perspective or with whom we are comparing too :)
    Vishi and prabhjot like this.
  3. Dr. Fixated

Dr. Fixated Novizio

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @PraveenM Hopefully we will do the PDI together on Sunday. I am now informed that the VIN would be shared tomorrow. We are thinking of taking an experienced driver along with us, with the PDI list handy.
  4. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Friends, I heard from the dealer - Ramkay Fiat that my car would be coming next week, Anyone from Chennai with experience n better attention to details join with me for PDI, need your support :)
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Vishi

I concur with @pabhishek : it's more relative to another-Fiat perception thing, rather than an issue in itself.

btw, you've hit on a major improvement of the facelifted Linea to the older, high-GC one you've bought. The new Linea has a magic carpet ride AND the high GC: less to no trade-off!

My Dad owns a 2009 Linea. He got the suspension upgrade done. After which we noticed the stuff you've mentioned, although he was very happy with the trade-off in exchange for the higher GC. I now have replaced my Palio Stile with a new Linea t-jet, and it's as if there is no trade-off anymore.
    Vishi likes this.
  6. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @pabhishek, @prabhjot Thanks for clarifying

@prabhjot Does this mean pre-facelift 2012 onawards and facelift linea 2014 have different suspensions?
    I did the TD of both the cars in the same roads and they performed the same according to me
    If the suspensions are the same then how is that facelifted linea has magic carpet ride when compared to pre-facelift?
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 6, 2015 ---
    One more update is that I went to FASS for some other reason where I told them that the ride is bumpy and the mechanic there informed to to check the suspensions during first service.
    I have another question here. Since the car was almost 12 months in stockyard. Do we need to do some work in the suspension?
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Just telling you the difference between the Linea with upgraded suspension kit (my dad's 2009 Linea 1.4 Fire Emotion), and my new Linea t-jet. As we perceive it. Yours may be different. You sure the 2 cars, pre-facelift, high GC one and new 2014, have the same suspension tuning? I never thought so. Any way, see what the FASS guys opine on the matter.

cheers
  8. Murali V

Murali V Timido

mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi...after a lot of research and reading every possible thread on the internet, I decided that I should go in for a Linea T-Jet which I took delivery of on January 15th. Almost immediately on 24th I made the Mumbai - Hyderabad trip and returned on January 26th. So in a span of 3 days got to drive around 1800 KM. The overall experience was everything one was told to expect by the experts in Team Fiat as well as Team BHP. I am really thankful to each one of you in this forum who made my decision to go for the T Jet that much easier. The ride was fantastic except for bad roads in the Solapur - Hyderabad - Solapur sector.. but even in these roads the car did extremely well in handling the craters and pot holes making life inside the cabin safe and comfortable. The air-conditioning was excellent which I used throughout the trip and overall the performance was exemplary. I have been wanting to share my experience with the T Jet since I came back from the trip but got the time today. Hope to enjoy such long rides with the lovely T-Jet in time to come. Thanks once again for all the inputs posted in this forum which led me to buy this beautiful car.
    Mabams1826, Ashish Kumar, kgk and 5 others like this.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats for your new Tjet @Murali V !!

Great to hear that you are enjoying it to the core. Please create an ownership thread with lots of pics and your buying decision detailed.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Murali V

Hi. Delighted that another Linea (t-jet) new owner is delighted!:)

cheers, enjoy