1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. PraveenM

PraveenM Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    @Dr. Fixated Sorry to hear that. Glad that they are giving the newest one at the same price which I think is a good bargain. Did they share the VIN yet? I hope that you get the newer model soon. Ankitha Motors told me yesterday that I will get my Tjet on the 7th of this month. I hope they have a vehicle and stick to it. The VIN they gave me was a May 2014 make.

@TFIans If my vehicle shows up this weekend, what would be the primary things in a car that I should check to make sure everything is alright. I do have the PDI document but are there any additional things to be checked?

@PradeepM Are you particularly looking for a linea as well?
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Praveen,you may contact experienced TFI members(like Bose Suman & others) from Hyderabad in this regard.Best of luck.
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Praveen, Iam looking for a Linea MJD and still struggling to get hold of VIN. Iam informed that I will get some information by end of the day today or tomorrow.
    Lets hope for the best.
  4. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Folks, I ordered 2014 linea facelift and the VIN number given is MCA110BCB09036326DJZ. Engine number is 0486905... How to find out the Month of Manufacturing... Is it April month manufactured???
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  5. karthikk

karthikk Timido

Bangalore
    Hi Shanvimal,

Congratulations on your new linea.
    Yes it is April 2014 manufactured Linea. The 18th character in VIN indicates the month. A-Jan, B-Feb, C- March and so on
  6. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Is April 2014 very old to be bought. The sales executive here says Linea production ended by May 2014. I doubt if this is the case. Anybody here own New Linea with manu month around Sep/oct 2014
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @shanvimal

Hi.

I think that may well be the case. In any case, there's no reason, if the discount is good, to refuse the car. Provided your PDI is rigorous. There have been several recent buyers of cars built in the fist half of 2014, and they're happy.

cheers
  8. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot Thanks. I will do the PDI.. Only good thing that I can see is car is coming from Manufacturing unit directly.. So some treatment/tests would have happened there too before it reaches here....
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Dr. Fixated

Dr. Fixated Novizio

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @PraveenM That's good. 7th of this month is also what they told us would be the tentative date of delivery. No, they haven't shared the VIN yet; yesterday, they told me that it'd be shared in a day. If it is Sunday in both cases, we might bump into each other!
  10. PraveenM

PraveenM Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    @sandipan_r15 Thank you for the information. I will do that.

@shanvimal It looks like that is the case. All of the deliveries that I am reading about look to be June or earlier. As I mentioned previously, VIN given to me was a May 2014 make. As prabhjot mentioned, a thorough PDI might ease our fears.

@Dr. Fixated I hope that is the case. I am keeping my fingers crossed. We could meet and even better, potentially do the PDI together. Do you have anyone who is going to help you with that?

@PradeepM Did you get a delivery date yet? Is the dealer Ankitha motors?