1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot Sir decision will be taken only after the TD of Avvy on coming Sunday.

@Biraj Sir we have taken our Wagon R to places one can only think of taking proper Jeeps and SUVs, in the Himalayas, where there were absolutely no roads for the complete stretch of 20kms. And many such drives have taken their toll on the good old Wagon R and now its only good enough for city drives.
    And though Avvy has its pros like good ground clearance but the rear seat is too cramped for 3 adults. Whereas Linea is super comfortable I think in rear seat department and then the boot space of 500l is also too good for us. Well, for now we are just simply waiting for this Sunday.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 29, 2015 ---
    Thankyou sir, will keep your words iin mind.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    There shouldn't be @Dr. Fixated . Just do the pdi before taking car out of showroom.
    There won't be any major issue in vehicle, but if any take in written from them regarding resolution.
    Have they shared vin with you? What's the manufacturing date
    Dr. Fixated likes this.
  3. PraveenM

PraveenM Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    @Dr.Fixated. Which dealer in Hyderabad as my Tjet is supposedly coming this weekend after initial promise of delivery in 2 weeks. I booked the vehicle on Dec. 25th.
    Dr. Fixated likes this.
  4. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    @drfixated I plan to go ahead with the purchase. The dealer has agreed to give an additional cash discount of 7k and a paint sealant from Wuerth. The problem is the prices of tjet have shot up to 11.5 lakh and I am getting it for 9.8. Having done the pdi which was reasonably fine, my personal view is its worth going ahead with this rather than again breaking heads with another dealer. Part of my decision also stems from the fact that the other fiat dealer in Mumbai, torrid is offering an April 2014 manufactured car at the new price.. Call it buyers market... Phew!!
    Dr. Fixated and asimpleson like this.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Well thats a debatable statement. I dont think that being a sedan is a good enough reason for it to be sturdier and safer than its hatchback sibling!
    N Kiran likes this.
  6. Dr. Fixated

Dr. Fixated Novizio

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @pabhishek Thanks. I wasn't given the VIN. In fact, there has been some development; I explain below.
    @PraveenM It is Ankitha Motors. Today, they came to my office to meet me personally to inform that the vehicle was not delivered to them by FIAT. They also mentioned that the same happened with another customer of them. They requested me to get the January 2015 manufactured vehicle instead. I was earlier promised a vehicle manufactured in July 2014 or so. However, this would inevitably attract the higher excise duty. So they requested me to shell out 40,000 more. Well, it is a more losing proposition to them and therefore I responded favorably. Well, we wouldn't mind paying more for a new vehicle though in this case it is towards higher excise duty. They promised to share the VIN by Monday. Folks, please share your thoughts.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Dr. Fixated, Manufacturing year makes a difference. Moreso if you are selling within an earlier time frame, where and if there is still healthy market demand for 4-5 years used vehicle. Beyond that there is less to gain either from earlier sale or monetary viewpoint. The depreciation in car market is insane. The choice is abundant and people refer to internet to get a bigger better picture of used vehicle valuations.
    prabhjot and Dr. Fixated like this.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Well, @Dr. Fixated , its really up to you. If you can shell out 40k extra, stick to them and verify manufacturing through VIN.
    Otherwise look for an other dealer who can offer you car in pre excise rates.
    Dr. Fixated likes this.
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @PraveenM It is Ankitha Motors. Today, they came to my office to meet me personally to inform that the vehicle was not delivered to them by FIAT. They also mentioned that the same happened with another customer of them. They requested me to get the January 2015 manufactured vehicle instead. [/QUOTE]

Somehow this seems to be inline with what I have heard. When I started looking for a 2014 car in mid Jan I was clearly informed that Emotion was out of stock and only Dynamic was available , so looks like that statement is now true for sure however the hard way for you unfortunately.
    I have been to Ankitha today and they checked the inventory and mentioned that the car is available in Dynamic.If you are still wanting to save some money you can give this option a try.
    Dr. Fixated and prabhjot like this.
  10. Dr. Fixated

Dr. Fixated Novizio

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Ashish Kumar Enjoy the ride!
    @asimpleson @pabhishek - Thanks for your inputs.

@PradeepM Given that the entire process is over - including the transfer of the loan amount from SBI to the dealer - it would take a lot of effort at this stage to undo the steps performed and change the model. Although a resale situation is not something we wishfully anticipate, we are going ahead with that additional payment for Jan 2015 model to get a sooner delivery and avoid going through the process all over again.
    PradeepM likes this.