1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Ashish Kumar

Ah, I, being from Dilli, hadn't reckoned with the much higher taxes over in Mumbai! In that case: bargain, see what you can extract, if anything. But don't, in trying to outdo the chaaloo manager at Esskay, miss the woods for the trees: i.e., that you're already getting a d-segment car for almost 2 lakhs cheaper than the C2 segment bestseller. I say this only because your PDI went off very well, and you are indeed getting the december discounts infull, if i am not wrong. All I am saying is: push them, perhaps for free accessories, but don't make a fetish of the 'max possible' discount.

btw, Fiat and the Ranjangaon plant were, I hear, shut for a good ten days (or more?) over Xmas and the new year, and given the small and therefore relatively occassional production runs of the Linea, what the dealer says about non-commital Fiat may have some truth to it.

I'd say: the price is good, great discounts and all, push 'em some more....but don't be reactive about the over-smart dealer-manager, and go for the 2014 car?

cheers, post updates, will ya?
    VIJENDRA SINGH and Ashish Kumar like this.
  2. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot -Thanks buddy. Very practical advice. Had indicated to Esskay that I would want a 3M pain sealant treatment done to which he said they have a tieup only with Wureth and not 3M and would need to get a nod from his director to proceed. Should I go ahead and get this done. Any suggestions on what accessories I can try and get them to give me pro bono. About the Ranjangaon plant, yes, they mentioned that it was shut for 10 days. Will surely keep you guys posted. Any other suggestions are a big welcome :)
  3. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello Everyone,
    This is my very first post. I am a prospective fiat buyer. I am stuck between Avvy and and The T-Jet. The dealer here in Noida is giving a discount of approx 40k on 2015 Avvy Emotion( Insurance+10k cash-back) + Parking sensors and basic kit included. The discount on T jet Emotion is the same year end discount, which makes it just 30k more than Avvy. I had a test drive of T-Jet, and the Avvy test drive has been scheduled for Sunday. Now the dilemma is there is acres of space and comfort in T-Jet while Avvy is a more practical car for city as well as for the Himalayas. Heart is pointing towards T-Jet and mind is for Avvy. There is too much confusion going on. And yeah, mileage is not such a deal breaker since the car will be driven for highways mostly and that too occasionally. For city, I will retain my Wagon R if I go for T-Jet. Please help me out Fiatians.
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Hi @Vaibhav Rawat Linea T-Jet makes more sense as per your requirements, you need a highway car.

MODS; please move these posts to buying query section if you feel.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    @dadasaheb Thanku sir for the quick reply. My father is little apprehensive about the mileage, but I am convincing him that the difference in price of Tjet with Linea Multijet will make it manageable. And the cruise control in the T-Jet is making it more VFM car.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome to TFI @Vaibhav Rawat !!
    Avvy or Tjet, you just cant go wrong. If fuel efficiency is not on your radar, then it more complicated to choose :)

If you love the big size of Linea go for it. It looks like a proper D segment sedan with an engine to support it.
    If you have scarcity of space in the places where you visit generally(Home/Office), then Go for Avventura.

But anyways, Congrats for choosing a FIAT.
    Vaibhav Rawat likes this.
  7. Rajnish K Jain

Rajnish K Jain Timido

Bhopal
    Bhopal
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi @VAIBHAV Ravat, I also had the same dilemma till few days back and waited till the launch of Avventura. Since the spare wheel is put on the back in the Avventura, it increases its length almost one feet. Thus, the linea is only one feet more in length than Avvy. The driving comfort & pleasure is definitely better in Linea. Being a sedan, Linea will be more sturdy and safe on the road. Considering these facts, I recently purchased Linea T Jet emotion at the cost of 9.63 lac on road in Bhopal. Cheers! Hope to see you in TFI.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Vaibhav Rawat Hi there.

It's really just an aesthetic choice, a matter of style, especially since you say mileage is not a major consideration. I have a 2014 Linea t-jet, and it is a beauty, in more than looks: just the overall feel and character!

However, for highway use, especially given the dodgy roads in UP and in the hills, and for the added fuel efficiency (my t-jet gives 10-11 km/l in traffic, 15-16 on the highway) and the relative compactness of the Avventura, and of course for its more Italian-young-sporty form: I'd go for the Avventura 90 hp mjd. Assuming that you are young and will perhaps use the car as much as your dad, that is!

The Avventura looks newer/fresher too, and has a certain exclusivity of appearance, given the Punto sleek and sharp/pointed look COMBINED with the SUV aesthetics (big tyres, high GC etc).

Both cars ride and handle and steer and brake brilliantly, and you may after your TD of the Avventura discover that for most practical purposes the 90 hp mjd is pretty darned fast too, especially on the more open road.

All in all: go for the one that excites you folks more, aesthetically.

cheers, keep posting!
  9. Biraj

Biraj Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Vaibhav,

My vote will be for the Linea T-jet as it is much more enjoyable than MJD. I have a Linea T-jet and Punto MJD, and on any highway trip my first preference is the T-jet. The T-jet has more than adequate ground-clearance and it also has a very sturdy protection plate so, it can do the regular Himalayan trips with ease. Yes, the Avventura with extra ground clearance and shorter wheelbase will be more competent on narrow hilly stretches but I don't think it can reach a place which the Linea T-jet will not be able to manage.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Dr. Fixated

Dr. Fixated Novizio

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Ashish Kumar Good luck and keep us posted.

We had done the billing for Linea MJD Emotion with the dealer on December 31, 2014 to take advantage of year-end discounts and lower excise duty (10Lakh OTR in Hyderabad, a good deal given such a good car). The delivery had been delayed and we are expecting it this weekend. I even got a call from Fiat, Pune, yesterday asking if the vehicle was delivered. By the way, could you folks suggest if there is any cause for concern given that the total payment - with car loan from SBI - was over even before the PDI?