1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    I had turned off the ignition and checked twice.. Even through the tank was full, the gauge showed only 40%..

d9b066350ae4b0e713b2a95436e2a274.jpg

Just heard back from fiat. The gasket on top of the fuel pump had 'given way' due to which the fuel was leaking from the top.. And it was obstructing the fuel gauge working.

Hopefully the issue is resolved now..
    VIJENDRA SINGH and prabhjot like this.
  2. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Finally got my TJet back.. And no leakage or issues so far. Hope it's smooth flying from here!
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @tarunactivity, enjoy the drives ahead and be totally confident of warranty offered by Fiat. I have found Fiat and their dealers to be very responsive towards warranty.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @tarunactivity, I agree with Saket. You be assured on warranty offered by FIAT and the way it is respected by dealers.

Also for T-Jet, based on my experience I can confidently say, it is trouble free machine and you will enjoy it. I too had initially few small issues with my car but since last 1 year I have not faced a single issue with my T-Jet. :)

Enjoy your Jet and be assured it will always bring smile when you take her out.
    mangeshtendulkar likes this.
  5. Prajay Madhavan

Prajay Madhavan Timido

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Your finding on the fuel guage is as expected. I need to turn off the car and wait for a while. Then turn it back on to see the updated levels. This is due to the software filtering performed on the fuel gauge to make sure that the gauge do not fluctuate with the road inclines etc.. Ideally you are supposed to turn OFF ignition and take off the key while fuelling. If you follow that you will always get the correct levels.
  6. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Anyone tried 215 R16 or 225 R16 , with Tjet?
  7. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    A big dilemma. Seems the guys at esskay are taking me for a ride. Had made the full payment on Jan 1 for linea emotion but no signs of delivery of mag grey. They kept telling fiat guys are not responding and gave an option of going for sunbeam gold which they had in Stock. The VP told me it's a July 2014 manufacturing. And that he can give me at the earlier price of 9.92 lakh although prices have now increased by 70k. I was apprehensive but then said wud want to do a pdi which I did yesterday. The vin (last 3 letters were EJZ) showed it was a may manufactured which really peeved me. Checked with the sales guy on the condition of their yard at taloja and was told it's an open yard with cars kept on lose muddy ground. The car was just washed and most of the chrome had lost its shine. The carpet was a bit dusty. I was told the car wud be pressure washed and chrome polished to give it the original look. Everything else although was fine except some rusting in a small portion of the front door hinges and a couple of screws plus rusting in the brake discs. Being a novice, I had taken a mechanic along who checked the engines and the liquids and test drove for a couple of 100 meters and said that there were no issues to be wary of. However I am now stuck. Should I go ahead with the purchase or can I negotiate and ask him to refund some 50 odd thousands since the car is now almost a year old. If he does not budge can I use canceling my purchase as a negotiating tactic? Please guys help me out of this muck. Have taken an employee loan of 8.5 lakh´┐╝ help urgently solicited. Thanks in advance to all of you.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Ashish Kumar Is that earlier 2014 price inclusive of the full brilliant end-of-year discount? Doesn't sound like it. So, yeah demand that 50000 off that you mentioned, insist on it. I do wish you had not fully paid up before PDI, though. Otherwise, don't worry about taking a May car now, since the PDI went well. I have a Sunbeam Gold new Linea: it's a lovely, distinctive and beautifully ambiguous colour and easy to maintain.

What are they saying: when can they deliver the 2015 Magnesio Grey? How much of a wait? If you face resistance on the discount you are practically entitled to for the 2014 t-jet, feel very free to contact Fiat, especially mangesh.kodalkar@fcagroup.com , i believe?!
    Ashish Kumar likes this.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Ashish Kumar, was it the Linea Emotion diesel mag grey you are talking about?
  10. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot yes it was inclusive of the year end discount. on road 10.67 year end. Struck the deal at 9.92 (incl zero dep insurance, extended warranty and certain accessories like mud flat, mat and parking cover. Regarding 2015 Mag Grey, they say they have no feedback from Fiat and cannot commit on the date. Am wondering what to do :(. The VP is one smart alec and I suspect he may get me into accepting what he wants. Just tryng to gather what arguments can I give for him to cut down the price and/or give some additional benefits.
    @Tornado its the Tjet Emotion.