1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Awesome - the tyres look wonderful on the propellor alloys.

They had given me a quote of 10.5k for the new tyre and a buyback of 4.5k for the 500km run NCT5's .

Need to get back to them and push for a bit of discount.
    Vishi likes this.
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Santosh,

The deal is finalized and the booking amount has been paid today.

The final OTR is 9.65 & Dealer is Butta Auto at Banjara Hills.
    The deal includes 1st year insurance nil dep & 2 Year extended warranty.
    Choice of color is Pearl White.
    It was pre decided that the color would be picked by my wife. After circling around and multiple strolls in & out of the showroom to see the shades in natural sunlight for more than an hour she finally pointed the finger towards the Pearl White and hence sealed :).

Overall Iam pretty happy the way the things have turned out.

Iam expecting to get the VIN number by the end of this week so that I can know the month of manufacture.

Santosh please let me know the month of manufacture of your car.

Iam egarly waiting for a through PDI before I give my final nod.
    nbvcrao, Saket Sidana and prabhjot like this.
  3. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I think its 4.5K since you have driven the car for 500 kms. I took the delivery of the car today and went to Madhus directly.
  4. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    It's a great deal to have finalized. Amazing price!
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM
    I got a May manufactured car. Don't take this month of manufacture too seriously. Just do a thorough PDI and get yourself satisfied.
    PradeepM, nbvcrao and prabhjot like this.
  6. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    You bet Saket :)

Sure , thanks for the advice. I will keep you guys posted on the PDI.
    Saket Sidana likes this.
  7. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    TJet diaries:

Got an update from Fiat that the fuel was contaminated , causing an issue with the fuel pump/filter.

They have replaced the fuel pump/filter under warranty , (even though they say this case is not covered under warranty)

I had filled Shell regular, and must say I am Shell-shocked (pun intended) . Looking at the images, I get the feeling this contamination might have occurred when the car was in the lot for 6 months, and this must be dissolved/loosened up by the fuel.

I had picked up the car today with the replaced fuel pump/cleaned out tank, and headed to Madhu's for a new pair of shoes ( French, but made in Thailand .. aka Michelin P3ST's ) . Immediately after, I had tanked up again from BP , but the fuel gauge showed just ~40% . I moved the car while I made the payment , and noticed water / a puddle under the filling area and assumed it must have been water.

Shortly after an auto driver / tax driver informed me that there seems to be a leak from the tank , and sure enough there was a trail of drops behind the car .

We stopped and called up the service folks, and the mobile service punto made its way to us about 30 minutes later. The technician lifted the seat ,and opened the covering for the tank,and checked out the fuel pump. When we moved the car, there seemed to be fuel overflowing from the top of the pump.

Now my TJet is back on its way to the service center ... again.

IMG_6353.jpg IMG_6437.jpg IMG_6446.jpg IMG_6448.jpg IMG_6449.jpg
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @tarunactivity

Sad to hear you're not done yet. All the best.

But: are you saying they're....er lying? covering up? Is there not a very high probability that they're right about the adulterated petrol, since fuel pumps on the Linea or Punto are not at all known to systematically have an issue, otherwise?

Assuming they're lying, acting in bad faith, a slightly tendentious assumption though it is: they're replacing it under warranty, no? i.e., Fiat and FASS have backed up their excellent car, supported a new owner fully, no?! Now, if one thinks this sort of thing is not commonplace even with Maruti, Honda, Ford or Hyundai on new cars (consider myriad reports on the City, the Amaze, the Ciaz, the Ecosport)...

However, it sure is awful they haven't done it perfectly right and you have to go right back! Unacceptable, the only part they've let you down on. :mad: You must e-mail Fiat (Mangesh.Kodalkar@fcagroup.com) registering a protest.

Otherwise, don't you worry: you have got an exceptional, reliable and well-built new ride, with great pricing and terrific warranty support if needed, whatever your disenchanted feelings just at the moment. (have me a new 2014 Linea too, and older Fiats as well).:)
  9. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot, I don't think the service manager has any reason to cover up. I just asked him if we could check with other cars that have been sitting in the yard for similar dust and contamination.

AFAIK, the fault could be the highly contaminated fuel from shell (or bpcl), or these deposits could have been forming on the tank over a period of 6 months, and they have just started to dissolve/move about after refilling petrol.

I feel the second case could be possible since there were black deposits also, that were on a corner of the tank..

Anyways... How do we prevent this from happening? The only way I can tell is to filter out the fuel before it reaches the tank.. Also these impurities need not show up on a filter paper test for a small quantity of fuel..

The fuel leak and the gauge not working properly are a different matter altogether. There is a big element of risk involved and this could have been more problematic.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @tarunactivity
    Regarding fuel gauge meter to show the exact level of fuel I need to switch off and restart my car after refilling. Otherwise the pointer stays where it was before refuelling even when the tank was filled to full. This issue was not there in my previous car. I don't know whether this finding is normal for Fiat cars or not. Experts may confirm.