1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. acechip

acechip Superiore

Amen to that. NCT-5s are regularly reviled in the "other" forum, but I find them to be quite solid overall. Most people regard the Michelins as prissy-and-petite.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Jagan Mohan Reddy

Jagan Mohan Reddy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
  3. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Yesterday's update: They took a test drive, but were unable to reproduce the issue ...

Today's update: They took a test drive and faced the issue - Thankfully!

They said it seemed to be bad fuel , since there were particles in the tank and fuel filter / fuel pump .

On further inspection they said that it seems the fuel pump had a burnt wire/tube and some particles have entered the fuel system .
    They plan to replace these parts under warranty, but I need to pay for the fuel ( about 1/3rd a tank full .. ) since consumables are not covered .
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @tarunactivity Glad to hear that they've zero-ed in on the problem, what they're saying (particles in fuel system caused by bad fuel or otherwise) makes sense to me, given the symptoms you described. Told you it wasn't a turbo issue!;)

cheers, post an update or two yes?
  5. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Madhus and Sai Iyengars have given a quote of 5K per tyre for buy back for 3ST. I will be going tomorrow to change the tyres with Madhus
    tarunactivity likes this.
  6. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello All,

Iam on the verge of finalizing the Linea Dynamic 1.3 MJD in a day or two. I have always liked the Linea for what it is and have read the reviews extensively before narrowing down my options.
    Iam planning to opt for a 2014 model as there are some excellent deals being offered at this point of time.

I will keep you all posted and looking forward for a good ownership experience.

Cheers,
    PM.
    nbvcrao and prabhjot like this.
  7. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM
    I am also from Hyderabad and recently purchased Fiat linea MJD Sunbeam gold emotion. What colour you are opting? What is the final on the road price and from which dealer in Hyderabad?
  8. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    @Vishi

My friend exchanged his Apollo Accelere of his Avvy, which is of the same size of Linea, for Rs.5200.00 and went in for Michelin 3ST. He had to shell out additional Rs.16500.00. There is lot of difference between the stock tires and Michelin tires.

@drsantoshms

Your Sunbeam Gold Emotion Linea MJD looks great. You have changed your dealer and got the delivery from Ankitha Motors. Any specific reason? How is the Paint treatment and how much did it cost you and what is the warranty?
    drsantoshms, Vishi and prabhjot like this.
  9. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    @Vishi How was the tyre exchange? Do post snaps ?

What size are the new tyres?
  10. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    It all went well. I went for Michelin Primacy 3ST 205/55/R16 same as the stock size. Madhus are very professional and have all the latest equipments for balancing. Since it was new car, no alignment is needed only balancing for all the 4 wheels were done. Will start a new thread in some days. 20150114_151446.jpg

20150114_153436.jpg

20150114_155732.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 14, 2015 ---
    @nbvcrao

I have enquired with multiple tyre shops here in bangalore and the max they give buy back for the old tyres are 5k. And the new Michelin tyres cost is 10k.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
    nbvcrao, prabhjot and tarunactivity like this.