1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Congratulations and welcome to the forum sir, with excise cut removed and discount
    withdrawn you have got a great car for a great price, all the best sir.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    I have just completed 500km on my TJet Emotion ( 30 days new )

I am facing a strange loss of power at 2k RPM and sudden jerks when trying to accelerate .

I was crawling in traffic in 2nd gear, and the engine stalled with an error message - "Insufficient Engine oil pressure" . This disappeared when I started the engine again .

I also felt a loss of power at around 2k rpm and the whole car started to jerk . There was sufficient accelerator input but the engine seemed to choke on and off.

I had filled Shell regular for the second tankful, and had run ~100 km without issues.

Is this a sign of a failing turbo?

Anyways - Very sad for a brand new car.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @tarunactivity

Sad to hear. But:

Don't panic and don't get anxious, man. Get the thing diagnosed at FASS, don't fret since Fiat's warranties are excellently honoured. It remains, until an expert diagnoses otherwise, likely that the symptoms feel much worse than the underlying 'fault' which may well be easily fixed.

Many brand new cars from many manufacturers, not excluding the notorious new Honda-s or the brand new Maruti Ciaz, for eg, sometimes have initial teething troubles, or 'defects', if you will, necessitating 'recalls' (down the line) from manufacturers (just in the last 2 months) from Maruti to Chevy to Honda and Ford and even Toyota.

I too have a new 2014 Linea t-jet and an older one in the family too: it's a very reliable and well-made car, as I hope and wish you'll discover once you get over this initial speed-bump. FASS will sort it out for you well and quickly/easily?, am confident.

Anyway, keep updating?

all the best

PS: does this happen everytime you hit 2000rpm? if it happens sporadically or is a one-off then you could just be in the wrong gear as the turboboost is lost? Sorry, if this query is useless, as it likely is, and does not apply to your case at all. Just trying to eliminate the the 'a' before considering the 'b'? Regards
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    maheshvpy likes this.
  4. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Tarun - Sorry to hear the issue on your new car. What is the manufacturing date of your car? Was it by any chance last year model with price discount which was lying in open dealer stock yard for more than 3 months? When you turn the key on (before starting the engine) do you hear a whir sound of fuel pump starting inside your cabin? You may be able to hear the sound coming all they under the driver seat arm rest. If all these are true then it could be the reason of contaminated fuel inside the fuel tank or can be a case of a fuel pump failure. My T-Jet had a similar issue and got the fuel pump changed from FIAT under warranty (it costs about 15k but I got charged nothing). No issue what so ever after that.

Don't worry. Please get it diagnosed from FASS. The FIAT service centers are very accommodating provide great service as their car sale is almost like a boutique business. Believe me or not after the FIAT service center had fixed the issue on my car (I got it fixed from True Sai FIAT @my hometown Salem, TN), they have given me INR 1000 to fill petrol since they had used all from my car for trial runs :).

Please provide more details and I'm sure the forum members will help you with inputs.

Keep us updated.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot - This does not happen every time I hit 2k rpm, but when it happens, I cannot push past 2k rpm even with more throttle input . I had a doubt that the rear brakes could be locking causing this sudden stop and go movement .

At times I am able to reach 2.5 - 3k RPM without any issues, but at other times, this lockup seems to happen when reaching 2k .

There is a sound / thud coming from the rear during this issue, but at other times, it is not present.

@maheshvpy - The VIN shows a June '14 manufactured vehicle, but this was not lying in the dealer yard.

I do hear the sound of the fuel pump on a cold start , but nothing out of the ordinary .

Need to check with Fiat RSA to come and diagnose the issue.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 12, 2015 ---
    Just got off the phone with RSA - They need to tow the vehicle to the service center to diagnose the issue . :(

As with all vehicles with a heart, its equally painful to see them go.
  6. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    @Tarun : Can you try to reproduce the issue, by checking if it is happening in all gears ?
    And incase if you are able to reproduce it in specific gears, try to reproduce it by giving more gas(specifically when the turbo is about to kick~in, by pressing the A pedal more than what is required, swiftly). Check it.
    - CM
  7. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    @King CM I check this - I faced the issue in 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th .

The power loss / jerkiness was there regardless of the gear.

My TJet was loaded on a flatbed and has made her way to the service center. They are waiting for the PDI details to be entered in the system, for them to open a job card ...
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @tarunactivity

Not to worry: am betting, on your behalf, that the issue is a small one, however troubling the symptoms. It is very unlikely to be a turbocharger failure/defect, if that it is likely to be nothing more serious than a leaking hose/joint. We could be wrong but...let them get back to you before you get wracked.

Lousy feeling, i know, but....'hota hai'/happens, with all makes, as my earlier post suggested. The 'thing' is: FASS and Fiat's support should/ought to be good. Let's see, all the best.

Keep updates and/or queries coming?

cheers
  9. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Sure.
    Apparently the Pdi details must be entered in the system before selling the car. I assume it is entered under a wrong engine number, as they drew up my paper work with the wrong engine number..

The best part is there is little or no response from the dealer side. It's a very Ho hum attitude..

Then again.. I have not seen a change in the attitude from Fiat Caffè. I was promised a 'different experience' from other dealers.. I guess this is what they meant by a different experience...

On the plus side..
    Has anyone exchanged good year nct 5 for michelin primacy 3 St? What was the price and or buyback?
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Yeah, though 'ho-hum' or not : as long as they diagnose and sort this out for you well and durably, the other stuff doesn't matter, does it, it's just 'aesthetics'? For even a new car to have this or that issue is not uncommon with any car firm, it's the quality and cost of the support (including warranties) that matter, i guess. Hope FASS does not disappoint you on that front.

There is a tyre thread, you could research that. Why, do you find the nct5-s too noisy for taste? They're really good overall, grippy and durable, imo, unless you really prefer the utter quietness of the michelin-s?

cheers
    acechip likes this.