1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow! Hats off to your patience and efforts. Thanks a ton for such a detailed review. Hello you so called auto mag people, are you listening (reading)?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Fantastic Review Krishna, who can explain better than the current owner.

However I have couple of doubts.
    1. Did they addressed the humming sound of air
    2. How about the plastic quality on the doors
    3. Is HU now capable of handling the USB medias?
    4. How is the ABC pedal spacing?
    2 people like this.
  3. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Great review Krishna Clapping.gif . Hopefully FIAT would be able to push the sales a bit more with this.

The T-Jet makes for an almost no brainer car in its segment. The best handling, ride, power, equipment, excellent AC, warranty, Build . So I am sure the buyers who really compare their cars before buying will go in for a T-Jet without a doubt.

Obvious Question
    Kitna Deti Hai?
    :evilsmile
    2 people like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Here you go.

linea.JPG
    2 people like this.
  5. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Yummy! Excellent work Krishna... May you be blessed with a free fiat someday.

How much of it can we retrofit to our old ones? Is the cabin well light really blue? And the glove box light, can we fit that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  6. GoDofWaR

GoDofWaR Novizio

mumbai, india
    great review!!! Like everyone i would love to have the T-jet but i need a diesel linea and they should have introduced the 1.6MJD or a detuned version which could have competed with the Vento TDI.The TDI of vento is something different in that segment. But the interiors look really up-market and well put together.I hope people realize what a VFM car the linea is and responsibility of FIAT to market the car in a better way this time around.Cheerio!!!!
    1 person likes this.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Myself and Krishna (nkrishnap) did attended New linea unveiling at Vecto Motors, Bangalore this evening. My goodness, the new linea looks fabulous than on pics posted every where.

Vecto Motors MD and Krishna (nkrishnap) did honors of unveiling the beauty. It was White MJD standing there. Around 30 odd people were present at the event.

The quality work done inside is really way way better than earlier models.

Took a TD of New linea TJet version. Most of the things already written by nkrishnap here holds true though i did not do a detailed TD like him. I am impressed by this car.

Adding to this, one more feature we found out in the new car is that you can adjust the volume of the OOTB Reverse parking sensor. This is quite kool.

Bravo FIAT, good Job
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Krishna,
    Great work, great photos..!:up

I think the review along with the comparison pretty much sums up all that is and has been speculated about this launch with much anticipation and avidity by many TFIans. The photos give a very first hand feel about the car's built quality and the fit-finish in general.

The price comparison chart/table also serves a good single point reference for those that are contemplating between choices. :nicethread

Makes me wonder why they would make such a move. Given the sales, it's not like people (mass-markets) have a fetish for Fiat brand, besides it would have made a wonderful sales pitch for driving ease and fuel economy and a big reason to attract customers.

Can't help but remember our member Rajan, every time cruise control is mentioned. :)
    It would have been wonderful to have him comment about this.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    2 people like this.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks guys. :up

1. The humming sound is very much there like the pre facelift Linea.
    2. The Plastic quality on the door panels is good and will last the distance But its too light for my liking as it will get dirty quite easily.
    3. I believe it should be, though I did not have the opportunity to test it with a media device.
    4. The ABC pedal spacing is like the pre facelift, no changes there.

How I wish a Tjet as a freebie :evilsmile

Retrofit can be done, but it will not be viable financially and the after effects of meddling with the OEM stuff. No the blue footwell cabin light is not standard. The glovebox ambience light is similar to the neon tube. You can get one done.

Rightly said, the 1.6 MJD should be introduced to throw the cat among the pigeons. As the Linea is commercially launched today, a lil birdie tells me that the tooling and the line for the 1.6 MJD engine assembly will be taken shortly.
  10. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Krishna, can the FASS fit the glovebox light in old Linea, now that it is available in the new one? I am right now interested in only 2 things.. Glovebox light and cruise control..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.