1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @drsantoshms

Touche!

But there's nothing AT ALL dramatic worth penning down! A credit both to Fiat, my dealer, the Gurgaon-Delhi ASS scene...so far, 'touch wood', a banal Fiat car-ownership our family's had since one or two early serious-niggles with my dad's 2009/10 Linea and a disastrous adulterated fuel episode on my Palio 3-4 years ago.

As for motive: I come from a Fiat loving family, going back to my grand-father on one side and my grand-mother on the other (1100, 118NE).

Unlike almost everyone else, it's the brand and the company I 'like' so much (speaking globally, not just in India), even more than the actual cars. :)

I have never bought any car other than a Fiat, and it will stay that way! Well, maybe a Jeep, 'Inshallah'.

:)
    SOOZ_P, nbvcrao, asimpleson and 4 others like this.
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats on booking theTJet. 75k discount is easily available on TJet in december 2014. Perhaps you could have bargained a lot harder. Do ask the dealer to provide VIN for the car to check the manufacturing month and forget the price and bargain hard on getting a more recent manufactured car. Dealers would say that it's not in their hands but believe me, if you put your point strongly, you should be able to get a more recent car. Probably suggest that you need manufacturing month to be atleast september and see. I did this during my purchase and succeeded. Thought to share the same. Enjoy the lovely car for times to come! Congrats once again.
    Ashish Kumar and asimpleson like this.
  3. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Ashish Kumar
    Everyone likes to have a recently manufactured car. But in reality not much is there in dealers hand regarding allotment of car according to Manufacture date especially during these clearance sales. Don't take it too serious and later get disappointed. Instead you can bargain harder for better discounts which is practically possible and do a thorough PDI and get satisfied yourself.
    Ashish Kumar, prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes as @drsantoshms suggests, do bargain for more discounts. Don't reject the vehicle if PDI is OK. However, also try what @Saket Sidana suggests and see if recent manufactured vehicle is there. Date of manufacturing matters esp. if you wish to keep the car for rather limited period and resale price is very important to you. In which case the spot discounts could be much lesser too.
  5. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Dear Friends, Happy and prosperous new year to all. A quick update. I took delivery of my car, Fiat linea multijet Sunbeam Gold on 26-12-14 from Ankitha motors, Hyderabad. Delivery process from the dealer is overall satisfactory. One of our TFI member Mr. Arun Prasad helped me doing PDI at the time of delivery.After that, Vahan Puja performed on the same day at a famous Hanuman temple in our locality. Two days later, My car undergone Advanced paint sealant treatment at 3M car care, Hightec city.
    Already clocked 350 kms and I am overall satisfied with the performance of the vehicle. I thank all team Fiat members in helping me to choose my ride.

IMG_20141226_164303.jpg

IMG_20141228_130022.jpg

IMG_20141228_130046.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  6. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    Congratulations on your new possession. Happy Fiating.
  7. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations @drsantoshms on the new beauty. Any specific advantage of the 3M advanced paint sealant treatment? And how much did it cost? Happy and safe driving. And of course a very happy, healthy and enriching 2015 to you and all you buddies at TFI:). My Fiat still stuck for want of faster loan processing:yuck:
  8. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Congrats @drsantoshms! Happy miles munching :) Linea as always looking gorgeous there.
  9. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @drsantoshms! Would have loved to see a bigger smile on your face. ;) Enjoy the drives that lie ahead of you.
  10. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    @drsantoshms , congratulations man for the JET. I wish a great year for all our folks here at TFI.